Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interet issues with mac

Options
  • 02-09-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I'm having trouble with my Internet on my iMac. The Internet is terrible slow for the majority of the time and then for about 30 seconds it returns to normal and goes back to being slow again.

I honestly don't think it's the computer that is the problem and the Internet works fine on other computers in my house.

A new router was recently installed and initially there were no problems but now this problem arose. The router is a Zyxel (black box)

I've also connected it via an Ethernet cable and it works perfectly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

David086 wrote: »
    I'm having trouble with my Internet on my iMac. The Internet is terrible slow for the majority of the time and then for about 30 seconds it returns to normal and goes back to being slow again.

I honestly don't think it's the computer that is the problem and the Internet works fine on other computers in my house.

A new router was recently installed and initially there were no problems but now this problem arose. The router is a Zyxel (black box)

HI David086
    can you PM me your telephone number and I can run some tests on your connection. Are you connected via wireless or ethernet cable? Are you running other devices ( ie. iPad, xbox or Sky tv) accross same connection?
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

HI David086
    can you PM me your telephone number and I can run some tests on your connection. Are you connected via wireless or ethernet cable? Are you running other devices ( ie. iPad, xbox or Sky tv) accross same connection?
    Tony

Hi Tony I'm running my Xbox on the same connection but not at the same time. I'm also using wireless PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

David, what version of Mac OS are you running. I know there has been issues with WiFi cards in some versions. My advise is to make sure you are up to date using the Software Update feature available by clicking the Apple on the Menu Bar.

I'm using 10.5.8

All fixed :D:D Had to change the settings on router to do with channel selection thanks for your help Tony and the customer service team.

David.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

All fixed :D:D Had to change the settings on router to do with channel selection thanks for your help Tony and the customer service team.

David.

Hi David086
    thanks for mention, even though you resolved the issue yourself:o
    and thanks for posting resolution here.
    Tony

Advertisement