Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Special

Options
  • 02-09-2011 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

I read a few months ago about football special going national. It was featured on the show 'nationwide' earlier in which they confirmed this.

I personally love the stuff and will always try and pick up a couple of bottles when I'm up in Donegal. Will be interesting to see if it becomes popular everywhere else but I think it will lose it's appeal a little for me if I can pick it up in my local shop in Dublin! Hopefully it will do well though.

Anyone else a fan?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

I love Football Special! If I moved back to Scotland (or anywhere else) I'd sure miss it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Sweet nectar, a bottle of it goes down great when you're hungover and thirsty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

just realised i havnt had a bottle in ages, licking lips and off to the shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

always a fan of it, goes well with a shot of Morgan's Spice rum!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The Mary Clarke

I had it for the first time a few months ago. Not a huge fan...sorry... It actually reminded me a wee bit of Cavan Cola...then again it is years since I had Cavan Cola so maybe my taste buds are just gone a bit mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Cavan Cola! They still sell that?????

That stuff was sweet ambrosia, not a patch on football special mind, another nectar from the gods :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

always a fan of it, goes well with a shot of Morgan's rum!

Is that a home brew :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The Mary Clarke

retalivity wrote: »
    Cavan Cola! They still sell that?????

That stuff was sweet ambrosia, not a patch on football special mind, another nectar from the gods :)
    Nah...think Cavan Cola is long gone....might have a football special today just to see if I am missing something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I've never had it, where can I pick up a bottle?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Never had it! You haven't lived at all then!

Mac's Mace on the High Road certainly have it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

I remember during my young pubbing days, myself and my sisters would push a straw up and down into the glass bottle and the football special would explode over the edge. Is it still available in the glass bottles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Never had it! You haven't lived at all then!

Mac's Mace on the High Road certainly have it.

Might venture down later, sounds nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I remember during my young pubbing days, myself and my sisters would push a straw up and down into the glass bottle and the football special would explode over the edge. Is it still available in the glass bottles?

Had it in a glass bottle recently in the Inishowen Gateway Hotel, much nicer from the glass bottle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Had it in a glass bottle recently in the Inishowen Gateway Hotel, much nicer from the glass bottle :D

Yeah it definitely is. Tasted it not so long ago out of the plastic bottle and it just wasn't the same. Must try to recreate the football fountain out of the glass bottle for old times sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

We used to love blowing down the straw into the bottle to get the "foam" up took all the fizz out of the drink itself but the "foam" was class :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

home brew indeed :) was always partial to the stuff..

heres a link to RTE's Nationwide where they do a feature on McDaids Football Special.. skip to 7 minutes in
    http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1110544

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 92 DL SAM

Nectar of the Gods it is.

Advertisement