Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Not sure what to do with the mouse!

• 02-09-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭

So thought my cat had killed a mouse tonight just there now. Made him drop it and put him into his shed for the night.

Went to get shovel to remove the mouse from the street.....but he was gone! Looked around and found him he sitting seems to be in shock.

Not sure should I just leave him be or move him down to the grass/hedge area to avoid any other predators getting him or pop him in box for a while to be safe until he recovers from shock or....what!?

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

If i was your cat id be pretty annoyed with you right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Oh trust me he is! :eek: The big fat feicer!

Got the poor wee thing into a shoe box in the end and have him in the house.
    Tore up few sheets of kitchen roll and piled it into corner so he could burrow into it.
    Left in few chunks of cat food and wild bird seed and a lid of water.

He moved around a bit, went under the kitchen roll and even ate some of the food.
    But think now he is currently in the process of dying :(
    Just keeps opening and closing his mouth and making this funny little faint "click" noise each time he does.

Edit: Just checked on him again...he's dead :/

R.I.P little furry guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,900 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I was just about to warn you that he would probably go to the great cheese ground in the sky. Even if he had survived the initial attack he would of likely succumbed to infection unless he was given antibiotics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Little guys like that suffer internal injuries quite easily, especially considering how flexible & agile they are. You did your best for him.

Well gotta get use to such squeamish stuff so I turned him over there and saw he had one big puncture wound and few small ones(no blood in the box though?) not just the broken leg. So he really didn't stand a chance :/

Yeah I was googling away and from the bacteria in the cats mouth they normally get infected even if it's a tiny bite. So it's either infection or shock they nearly all die :/

My Mum wouldn't look at him at all when I brought him in! But they are soo tiny and CUTE :eek: Don't understand how anyone could be afraid of them.

• Advertisement

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Well gotta get use to such squeamish stuff

Why. Are you planning to be a Vet ?

Discodog wrote: »
    Why. Are you planning to be a Vet ?

Nope don't want to be a vet but do want to work with animals so I am gonna do an Animal Care Course and see what happens from there.

Plus the fact this probably won't be the last thing he brings half dead mice about the place. I've had to remove a dead rat and well...the remains of bits and pieces of a bird before.

I'm used to cleaning up plenty poo,drool,snot, pus etc after a good few diseased/sick/dying pet cats at this stage :/ Don't know why I was so kinda weirded out to lift the wee mouse and see what damage was done. Used a small plastic bag as had no gloves.

Guess I'm just not use to handling other dead animals that aint my own beloved deceased pets. I dunno :o

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Nope don't want to be a vet but do want to work with animals so I am gonna do an Animal Care Course and see what happens from there.

Well you will need to learn to do a thing called "going to bed" :D

Discodog wrote: »
    Well you will need to learn to do a thing called "going to bed" :D

okay_Meme_dose-s300x272-220806-535.jpg

:p

Please ask before posting pics of me :eek:

You may end up like I did doing the night shift for a wildlife rescue - ideal mix for you :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement