Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fujitsu siemens scaleo 600

Options
  • 02-09-2011 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi All

I have just been given the desktop above and i installed a new win xp the problem is it works fine with the ethernet cable but not wireless.when opening network connections there is no wireless connection option.when in device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark beside the ethernet controller.also there is a black antenna shaped aerial in the back of the desk top never seen one of them before?am guessing this is the wireless adapter for the desk top?any ideas are welcome thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

sonyak1 wrote: »
    Hi All

I have just been given the desktop above and i installed a new win xp the problem is it works fine with the ethernet cable but not wireless.when opening network connections there is no wireless connection option.when in device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark beside the ethernet controller.also there is a black antenna shaped aerial in the back of the desk top never seen one of them before?am guessing this is the wireless adapter for the desk top?any ideas are welcome thanks

Sounds like there is no driver installed for the wireless card. Have a look here:

http://ts.fujitsu.com/support/downloads.html

Did you get any of the original cds that came with the machine? Might a drivers disc there. There is always the possibility that the wireless card was added later and it might be necessary to open up the pc and have a look at the card.

This might be useful for reference:

http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/rl/servicesupport/techsupport/consumer/MediaCenter/Scaleo%20600/Scaleo%20600.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sonyak1

thanks a mill for that there was no cds with the desktop,do you know if this machine is wireless or do i need the aerial at the back cant find spec for the desktop

sonyak1 wrote: »
    thanks a mill for that there was no cds with the desktop,do you know if this machine is wireless or do i need the aerial at the back cant find spec for the desktop

The first link I gave you allows you to submit the serial no for the pc to access what drivers are available for it. The second one gives you the spec.

It maybe that the previous owner added the wireless card themselves if so you will have to open the pc and see if you can get the card manufacturer and model no.

Hi Dub thanks a mill
    Opened the desktop and the wireless adapter is a newlink mac nlwl/pc102 tried to download the driver and everyhwere i look there is a price to pay any ideas thanks

Have a look here:

http://www.wireless-driver.com/newlink-nlwl-pci01-windows-driver-utility/

download 2 seems to work.

Worth a try anyways otherwise yo have to make a choice to pay on one of the other sites. 2.99 doesn't seem too bad as an alternative to paying for a new card.

• Advertisement

Hi Dub

That link wont open i have a dell laptop if i got the wireless driver off that would it work thats probably a silly question but worth a shot lol.

Thanks
    Sonya

Which link won't open for you?

And it is virtually certain that a dell driver won't work for you.

Hi Dub

Downloaded the driver for the wireless card and that went well the problem is now i am missing the ethernet controller driver and because of this the desktop wont recognize the wireless card.when in network connections there is no icon for wireless?i have attached a copy of my device manager it might help

Advertisement