Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smithfield Village D7, argh!!!! Anyone else living here?

Options
  • 03-09-2011 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

I hope I am not the only one living here from boards, its friday night, just in from having a beer and there is some people living above me having a party, which is fine BUT they have like 10 people out on there balcony smoking with the doors open with banging techno on which echos all around the building, this will go on all night i would think.

Rang the management (wyse.ie) there and since there is no security in the actual building and I dont know the number of the apt(floor 4/5?) there is nothing to be done but if they get enough calls they will send someone over from another building.

I am only living here about a month and every second night someone is having a party, i dont give a ****, have your party but everyone seems to have a thing that they have to have windows open and music so loud at 12/1/2/3/4am and there is nothing to be done due to the management not being able to come into the building cause its a secure building! (keyfobs).

Again, people have fun but christ! some of us want to sleep not listen to your friends scream all night!

What can i do? Anyone else in Smithfield Village sick of this ****?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

Hmmm... I think peacefull occupancy is something you can lawfully expect anywhere you live. Go talk to Threshold about it, you may have grounds to terminate your lease without losing your depsoit.

http://www.threshold.ie/menu.asp?menu=102

Either that or knock the power off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Nah its not a case of losing deposits at all(no contract, learned from the last time), I like it here, but god damn! people can be right dicks! No one else seems to care in this building how loud others are, I dont get it!

Like right now, there are 4 girls talking about how stressed they are bla bla bla echo echo echo, and with that about 6 guys walk out and leave the balcony door open with loud music banging out consoling the silly bint!

They are too far away from my place to shout across to say shut the fcuk up! I have had to 'give out' to two other neighbours over the past two weeks, it worked with them, I dont want to turn into the old angry fart here, but if my landlord is paying for management to keep all this sh!t under control after 11pm its a complete waste for him.

I'm p!ssed off sorry.

Also i got me some ear plugs a while ago, they dont work...

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

If you've got a stereo, play something back, preferably something that'll make the balcony dwellers uncomfortable, baby wailing, animals screaming, anything nasty really. That might keep them indoors... May aswell have some fun with them if they're keeping you up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

I had a similar problem once.... I live in an area where sound can echo so to speak. One of our more recently new neighbours were having an all nighter out in their garden and that meant us hearing everything.
    So when they were still out in their garden the following morning ( Sunday ) at the garden table in a drunken/hungover state I headed out to my shed, it was about 9.30-10 o clock and took out my electric router and a nice hard piece of Teak wood and happily routed away for about 10 minutes.
    Needless to say the sound that machine lets off was enough to clear everyone from the vicinity and stop the party there and then.
    That was the last time it happened.........

BUMP!

Ok its sunday night, past 11, people next door seem to be having a fcuking tecno club night since 8 with all windows and doors wide open, have been out to them, banged on the window about 20 mins ago told them to close all windows and doors and turn the music down, some of us have work in the morning, they did but now music is much louder, more people in the place and windows and doors open again!
    FCUKING LOOSING MY MIND with this sh!t here! Its past 11pm, house rules say no noise after 11pm, theres nothing i can do as the maintenance company dont do anything at all and close shop 5pm mon-fri! Whats the fcuking point!

3 months of this, should i just fcuking move?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

if it where me i'd move lack of sleep and having to do a full days work seriously damages your health be there done that

for now what you could do is ring the gardai i lived in a house converted into **** flats many moons ago and these twats kept having a party shouting their heads off techno techno techno till all hours and this was nearly every second nite, eventually after LL did nothing he was a fool anyway I rang the gardai and begged them to do something was told dep of environment where the ppl to go to but at 2am really could i go to them no, so begged some more and a very nice garda came over and had a word

no more parties yeah

Thanks man, they are all after heading out now, about 20 of them bailed out of the apt screaming and shouting. Just cant get over how no one in the block is doing or saying anything at all! Are people scared of these young people? I hate being the only one banging on windows telling them to turn the music down, close windows, I'm 30, not 70!

Just hope they dont come back at 2.30am and put more music on.

Really like it here but just seems like management company are **** with no help after 5pm, with the garda you have to let them in through gates and in doors, bring them up to the apt etc, not doing that.
    What can Threshold do except tell me to complain to the management company and call the cops.

Poor house mate is drinking in his room so he can go into coma to get some sleep if it kicks off again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

sounds like you are forced to move if you want to get some peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

qH7PFvkS9Aj5-eVYjS8riNiCr1FRnT-EoSGIQT1MaJVZIwfujf8hI8fl4kRxAXwK2ZOjnFLlQfsBaBsv_EpyuDCwO_LWI9Mk6zDTBN-DFYwuODD560YQed5u093X0UJ7UcKbTkiekLuSZYvsXXBNX35WeeZNcceDgGPVzmJtp0ctW7TYxHSLGQ

PLUS

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_PkCDU3AJiyMzh3eNxlLJRTFkhMmECUeBi1J5lMDUouB5Xp_q

EQUALS

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQioQqSrETps3PWo1zmifw0mRDiISiv9Vt4JB2_y_5PMQw0x1uQ

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I lived in a lovely apartment in blackrock for a year managed by wyse and from that experience i won't even view a place now thats looked after by them. We had the same crap with parties and noise and other issues. One of my flatmates cars was broken into, in the secure cctv covered car park, when we went to them about it they said the camera was facing the other way...hadn't even told them where the car was parked or what apt we were at that stage, only the building we lived in. On several occasions the car park gates broke so cars couldn't get in or out and they had hired a private clampers so you couldn't park anywhere else there, we ended up parking in a neighbouring estate which is a bit stupid. Once the car park gates were broken for two weeks close to Christmas, one of our cars was stuck in there and wyse did...nothing. Every phone call only resulted in they're monitoring the situation or waiting for an update. A neighbour was doing their college exams and on the first morning it was broken, couldn't get out or get any help from wyse, had to run for buses and was late for start of exam.

After Christmas we got a note under the door saying trees are to be gone on jan 7th. We were away a bit and when we came back on jan 9th our tree was gone from the balcony-we were told they got a cherry picker to take any on the balcony away, lights decorations and all gone! Wyse responded saying it was our own fault they were taken! One of my flatmates went a bit mad cos she had loads of those silver newbridge decorations which are pricey but got nowhere with them.

Anyhow it was a terrible experience with a management company, every contact we had with them was met with excuses, denial or sheer ignorance. They had no interest in managing anything only in taking money from the ll

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

EI_Flyboy wrote: »
    If you've got a stereo, play something back, preferably something that'll make the balcony dwellers uncomfortable, baby wailing, animals screaming, anything nasty really. That might keep them indoors... May aswell have some fun with them if they're keeping you up!

Ha ha, what?!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Peppa

I truely sympathise with you . I fled from Smithfield a few years ago. The noise was awful, the security terrible and the fact that we were on the 2nd floor and had a rat infestation coming all the way from the basement didn't help either!!!

I would move.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Sorry dude but you've to get used to it in the city centre.

Buy earplugs, good ones. Thats what i do, sleep through the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

A good few years ago I lived in an upstairs duplex in waterville terrace in B'town. These new kids moved to the 2 bed below and they started having parties every Friday & Saturday night. At first I was ok with it as I was young once myself, although that was a long time ago, and they would stop if I asked them to

But then they started going on to 5 or 6 in the morning and ignored me when I complained and at the time I was on call and could expect to work every 3rd or 4th weekend.

I had enough one weekend and i went downstairs past the people hanging around outside walked into their hall reached up and took their main fuse out and walked out again.

One of the tenants ran after me and threw a dig at me. Now I don't believe in violence but I don't take any messing from people. I'm a big fecker and so I literally put that young fellow over my knee and spanked him. His friends were delighted with this and I think he lost a lot of street cred as the parties never happened again. I returned the fuse next morning and that was the end ofthat

Sorry dude but you've to get used to it in the city centre.

Buy earplugs, good ones. Thats what i do, sleep through the night.

I've lived in the City centre for the past 3 years, work in the city centre, but this is just ridiculous, I have ear plugs but they do nothing, seems like everyone who is having parties has an EPIC soundsystem in their apt. I know they are young and yeah party away, I did it too, but christ on a bike, I didnt have seriously loud trance or whatever sh!te pop pumping out into the court yard from 8pm until all hours in the morning, we turned it down, we knew people have work in the morning, no matter what day of the week it was.

I really dont want to move at all! I really do love the place, my room is perfect, house mates are sound, only problem is every few nights students/foreigners go completely crazy. Have had a look on daft, nothing really there for me. And frankly dont want to look for another place.

Some mad stories on here so far. How can wyse, as a company, get away with getting so much money from owners and landlords and do nothing at all in buildings!

Advertisement