Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ARMAGEDDON XVI Muay Thai Fightnight 24th Sept

• 03-09-2011 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BridgestoneThai

ARMAGEDDON XVI Muay Thai Fightnight:

Bridgestone Muay Thai gym presents the next show in the Armageddon series on Saturday 24th September 2011 at the Ringside Club, National Boxing Stadium, South Circular Road, Dublin 8. Doors open 7pm, first fight 7.30pm, full bar facilities. The exciting lineup is as follows

Tickets are available from The Bridgestone Gym (087 2591425) or Mullens Sports, Capel Street (01 8726740) or from paticipating gyms. 25euro each.

4 Man Prize Fight 1000euro winner 72.5kg 'A' class Full Thai Rules
    Jonathan Bracken (Bridgestone, Dublin)
    Karl Joyce (Lumpini, Galway)
    Gary Ormond (Chupasart, Dublin)
    Sean Long (Courage Thai, Clonmel)

Irish Champion vs Polish Champion
    Stephen Meleady (Bridgestone) v Raphael Simonides (WMC Poland) 'A' class European Eliminator 59kg Full Thai Rules

Irish Title Fight
    James O Connell (Courage Thai) v Karl Hodgers (Louth Thai) 'A' class IMC Irish JnrFeatherweight Title 55.3kg Full Thai Rules

Ireland vs England:
    Kelly Simon (Bridgestone) v Jillian Corbett (Wicker Camp, England) 'B' class 68kg

Ireland vs England:
    Ferial Ameeroedien (Bridgestone) v Lauren Humphries (Phoenix Thai, England) 'B' class 53kg

Ireland vs England:
    Kelly Creegan (Bridgestone) v Terrie Walmsley (Phoenix Thai, England) 'C' class 58kg

Ireland vs England:
    Paul Canavan (Bridgestone) vs T.B.C.

Naoise Creaven (Bridgestone) v Eoghan O Mahony (Waterford) 'C' class 78kg

Shane McIlroy (Newry Thai) v Carl Hand (Chupasart) 'C' class 63kg

Pat Hickey (Bridgestone) v Jake Duffey (Laochra Thai) 'C' class 60kg

Islam Bisayev (Bridgestone) v Ali McLean (Langka Thai) 'C' class 71kg

Joey Burnett (Courage Thai) v Bob Hall (Chupasart) 'C' class 70kg

see attached poster for more details

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Yeah baby! T.B.C. Had better watch out whoever he is. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Khannie wrote: »
    Yeah baby! T.B.C. Had better watch out whoever he is. :pac:

Are you sure it doesn't stand for "That Big CNut" :D

Jaysus I hope not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Yeah, far as I know its 2 quarter finals and then a final with the two winners fighting. All full thai rules, winner walks away with 1000 euro. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BridgestoneThai

We have 4 of the top Muay Thai Middleweight Fighters in the country in contention for this 4 Man Prize Fight contest. The names will be picked out on the night at random the first two out will fight the first semi final bout and then the remaining two will fight the next semi final bout. The semi finals will be of 3x2 minutes of Full Thai Rules. The two winners will then go into the finals after approx 3 fight break to compete for the title of Prize Fight Champion where the winner will then recieve the winners prize of 1000 euro. The final will be 5x2 minutes of Full Thai Rules.

This should be a very exciting contests with four very strong contenders.

• Advertisement

4 Man Prize Fight 1000euro winner 72.5kg 'A' class Full Thai Rules
    Jonathan Bracken (Bridgestone, Dublin)
    Karl Joyce (Lumpini, Galway)
    Gary Ormond (Chupasart, Dublin)
    Sean Long (Courage Thai, Clonmel)

Irish Champion vs Polish Champion
    Stephen Meleady (Bridgestone) v Raphael Simonides (WMC Poland) 'A' class European Eliminator 59kg Full Thai Rules

Irish Title Fight
    James O Connell (Courage Thai) v Karl Hodgers (Louth Thai) 'A' class IMC Irish JnrFeatherweight Title 55.3kg Full Thai Rules

Ireland vs England:
    Kelly Simon (Bridgestone) v Jillian Corbett (Wicker Camp, England) 'B' class 68kg

Ireland vs England:
    Ferial Ameeroedien (Bridgestone) v Lauren Humphries (Phoenix Thai, England) 'B' class 53kg

Ireland vs England:
    Kelly Creegan (Bridgestone) v Terrie Walmsley (Phoenix Thai, England) 'C' class 58kg

Naoise Creaven (Bridgestone) v Eoghan O Mahony (Waterford) 'C' class 78kg

Shane McIlroy (Newry Thai) v Carl Hand (Chupasart) 'C' class 63kg

Pat Hickey (Bridgestone) v Jake Duffey (Laochra Thai) 'C' class 60kg

Islam Bisayev (Bridgestone) v Ali McLean (Langka Thai) 'C' class 71kg

Peter Gusik (Carlow Thai) v Eoghan Kelly (Chupasart) 'C' class 68kg

Tickets are still available from The Bridgestone Gym (087 2591425) or Mullens Sports, Capel Street (01 8726740) or from paticipating gyms. 25euro each.

Tickets are still available from The Bridgestone Gym (087 2591425) or Mullens Sports, Capel Street (01 8726740) or from paticipating gyms. 25euro each. There should be tickets on the door on the night at the Ringside Club this Saturday.

Looking forward to it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭j walsh

Really looking forward to this show, great line up!!!!!

• Advertisement

Great night out as usual. The place was packed to the rafters last night.

Fight of the night for me was probably Gary Ormond and Jono Bracken. Very, very close. Right to the bell. I think the harder first round of the competition didn't help out Jono. Defo want to see a 5x3 rematch there anyway.
    Very bad form from the guy stephen meleady was fighting, not shaking hands at the end.

Very bad form indeed. Stephen completely outclassed him. I'm not sure the Polish lad understood scoring properly or he wouldn't have let Stephen around the back of him so many times. That whole fight was a display of excellence from Stevie.

Donkey against young Hodgers was a good one too. Donkey edging ahead in the 3rd and 4th then taking the 5th cleanly. Some nice sharp kicking from Hodgers.

Glad the doctor didn't stop it over the cut either.

God yeah. Would have been a horrible way for the fight to end with Stevie so far ahead.

Glad the doctor didn't stop it over the cut either.

Yeah same here, my heart was in my mouth at the thought he might when Stevie was so so far ahead.

Absolutely cracking night anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭mugger

Great fights last nite,ste was fight of the night by far for me,and fight of the year
    well done to all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

Good night of fighting

Stevie M was magic as usual, was very entertaining fight to watch. Karl hodgers started promisingly and then I just stood back n watched all my betting money slip away from me :)

Good night for my lads 4 tough opponents for them, but they all done the business for me.

well done to Gary, I detest tournament fighting with a passion but was delighted for Gary, lucky enough with sean long I must admit, but fought a nice smart fight against a very tough and smart Jono.

Thanks to Paul Norton fro all his help padding his gay lover, to the rest of the lads in the gym fro sparring him and to Danny for prodding him.

2 funny monents that stand out.

jab, elbow, grab knee and wink at your coach... bit of a private joke :)

and after Carl hands first round he didnt look his normal self, I said whats wrong... his answer... Paddy I think i gonna ****e my pants :)

I couldnt stop laughing

Great also to see Stevie wonder there again

thanks to the fat man for organising it all.

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

Advertisement