Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of player are you?

Options
  • 03-09-2011 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Just interested in seeing what all ye boardsies are like :p

I'm 6'1, and am a general all round player. I do everything well, but I don't have one particular strong point. I'm not really sure what position I am tbh, but point forward, like Hedo Turkoglu, is what I'd think I am!

What about the rest of ye? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I'd probably be in the Jason Kidd mould of a player. Someone who wouldn't be a stellar outside shooter at all but who likes to get his team mates involved as much as possible and who actually enjoys playing defense ;)

Played quite a bit in School and play pickup games regularly and I still don't know my true position either. :).

• Registered Users Posts: 38,285 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

When I played I was a hard worker but very poor shooter. Was able to go up an block even though I'm only 6'2" and was decent at rebounding. I suppose I'd be a very low standard equivalent of Denis Rodman, without that hair by the way.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

I've only been playing for a few months and haven't done much competitively so I don't really have a position, just sort of play anywhere. I'm still working on my offence so I'd be more of a athletic, defensive, rebounding player at 6'0".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

A lazy one :p

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Jordans n Timbs

6'0.......2 guard......curl off screens til the mismatch presents itself then i go to work.....

decent vertical......can hang off the rim but cant dunk....lol im just lookin at dude cursing his luck at 6'2......dude i would kill to be 6'2 haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭joey mich

6'0 and im a shooting guard

i play basketball sometimes after work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Just back playing ball after a 7yr break! I am 6ft and guard. Working on being a Point too at the mo. Decent baseline shot anywhere inside the 3.
    Need alot of work on my defence though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Been away from the game for a few years with injuries but hoping to get back playing soon, just need to get fit and lose a bit of weight. Played for 17 years for school, college and clubs at all levels.. 6'2 with a decent bit of speed when fit.

Started off as a forward down the country (they make em small down there and I had a decent jump for rebounding!! :D) but when moved to Dublin, I was put in more of a small forward, shooting guard position.

Preferred shooting areas are baseline, 2-3 feet inside 3 point line. Will shoot 3's if I get a decent chance but inside and baseline are definitely my stronger areas. No fear in driving to the board and from the free throw line, usually hitting 60% - 70%+ due to years of it being drilled into me by my school coaches.. :p

No idea who to compare me too in the NBA as I lost touch with who's who in the league years ago!!

Advertisement