Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key Cutting City Centre?

Options
  • 03-09-2011 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

My keys ran off on me this evening. Need to cut key asap in the morning. Anyone know somewhere not far from O'Connell St preferably?

I think I remember seeing a place on a street off Henry St before and can't remember exactly and google is no help! Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

there is a place in the ilac centre off,beside argos if i remember correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭crazypanda

Thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Another place on Talbot Street on the left before you come to the Irish Life Mall (on the right). Another at the back of Clery's down Sackville place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

New York Drycleaners do key cutting. Opposite Easons on Middle Abbey St.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Perhaps a bit away but Marlows on Georges St and Fogartys on Dame St are also options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

I've to get 3 keys cut, does anyone know which would/might be the cheapest place to get this done? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

there's one on dame street near the olympia

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

got 2 keys cut in ths stephens green shopping centre at the start of the year,they are up on second floor.

cost me 25 euro,thought i was ripped off at the time.seemed a little expensive for 2 keys,just regular hall door keys

must be a cheaper place around or is this the going rate for keys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

CyberJuice wrote: »
    got 2 keys cut in ths stephens green shopping centre at the start of the year,they are up on second floor.

cost me 25 euro,thought i was ripped off at the time.seemed a little expensive for 2 keys,just regular hall door keys

Ouch! €4 is the going rate, and they'll usually do an additional key for an extra €1 or €2 because they can do the second key on the machine at the same time.

I saw a 3 keys for €10 sign outside Homevalue Hardware in Sutton last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

There's a good place on North Frederick Street, just down from Lovin Spoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

you were totally ripped off.. unless they're cutting the keys out of silver or gold...
    the most I've ever paid to get a key cut is around €3-€4..

you were totally ripped off.. unless they're cutting the keys out of silver or gold...
    I've paid a tender before but only for a garrison lock. Only one locksmith in the c.c. does them
    But yeah 2-4 euro is about normal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

cosmic wrote: »
    There's a good place on North Frederick Street, just down from Lovin Spoon.

+1 on this. They do many of the more unusual keys.
    Central Key and Hardware Company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

spurious wrote: »
    +1 on this. They do many of the more unusual keys.
    Central Key and Hardware Company.

That's it! I couldn't think of the name :p

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

im most definately boycottin that place in stephens greeen center from now on.the cheek of the guy robbin me like that

im most definately boycottin that place in stephens greeen center from now on.the cheek of the guy robbin me like that
    In fairness, there were two of you in it. I'd have walked out without the keys.

Advertisement