Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration part 2

• 03-09-2011 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

What exactly does registration part 2 consist of?
    Do we meet people from the fees, records and admissions offices and show them our id and proof of payment of fees?
    Does anyone know how long it will usually take per person?
    Also do we have our photos taken there and then?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭Xxsparkyxx

ilikepears wrote: »
    What exactly does registration part 2 consist of?
    Do we meet people from the fees, records and admissions offices and show them our id and proof of payment of fees?
    Does anyone know how long it will usually take per person?
    Also do we have our photos taken there and then?
    Ya you show them your confirmation of registration part 1 (printed off from comp) you then get in the que to have your photo for ID taken....it doesn't take long think I got my ID within 15 mins....I think that was unusual because they had a prob with one of the computers....most people got there's sooner than me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Aoi

Xxsparkyxx wrote: »
    Ya you show them your confirmation of registration part 1 (printed off from comp) you then get in the que to have your photo for ID taken....it doesn't take long think I got my ID within 15 mins....I think that was unusual because they had a prob with one of the computers....most people got there's sooner than me!

Make sure you bring a passport of birth cert. You wouldn't believe how many people forgot last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Aoi wrote: »
    Make sure you bring a passport of birth cert. You wouldn't believe how many people forgot last year.

For some reason neither were necessary for me. But better be safe than sorry.

For some reason neither were necessary for me. But better be safe than sorry.

WE were asked for them, and I only had the passport cause my sister needed one for UL so I said it wouldn't be a bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Does it have to be an original copy of the birth cert?

• Advertisement

_meehan_ wrote: »

If by that you mean not a photocopy you made, then yes, I'm pretty sure I used my passport, but I couldn't be certain.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

_meehan_ wrote: »

I would say a photocopy would do, as I know in many cases the grant forms ask for original documentation and people applying first time would have needed to submit a birth cert with their forms. Bring your passport to be on the safe side, but I remember I needed neither when I did Reg Part 2 a few years ago. Loads of people forgot them

• Registered Users Posts: 13 baby fingers breen

does all this stand for second years? I'm realy confused abot dis. Ive already gotten my ID. Wil i b gettin an email givin my reg day n all dat jazz? :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

does all this stand for second years? I'm realy confused abot dis. Ive already gotten my ID. Wil i b gettin an email givin my reg day n all dat jazz? :confused:

There is no reg day for second year afaik - you look at your timetable online, and work from there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

So...I have proof of registration, and my passport...and that's all I need?

• Advertisement
Advertisement