Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City jobs (asking/offering)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 _Talia

Any ideas what would be the best way of finding a job after the summer ? I'm going to be starting college in NUIG and will need a job. Any particular ares I should focus on during the summer to get work experience ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

_Talia wrote: »
    Any ideas what would be the best way of finding a job after the summer ? I'm going to be starting college in NUIG and will need a job. Any particular ares I should focus on during the summer to get work experience ?
    Dunnes normally take on new staff throughout the summer, they also take on a good few in late August/early September to replace those who were just working for the summer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hannon0011 wrote: »
    I heard Celestica are hiring people for general operatives positions but not sure. Any one else any thing about them? Any one know best way to apply for job there?

Through ICE recruitment, they only hire temporary contractors afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

_Talia wrote: »

Bar and restaurant experience will go a long way in Galway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 galwayguy2005

Good English and knowledge of Galway City Required. Must use your own vehicle. Message me privately if interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Good English and knowledge of Galway City Required. Must use your own vehicle. Message me privately if interested

pm'd there.

Choice Boutique on High St require staff with retail experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 _Talia

Choice Boutique on High St require staff with retail experience.

oh great... Wish they'd do that after the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 8 myvodkalovesme

the yankee candle store on abbeygate street have a sign up looking for part time staff

Garveys looking for a receptionist with food and bev experience, Enable Ireland on High St want a part time(24hours) experienced retail manager.

• Advertisement

Fallers Sweater shop on High St have a staff wanted sign in the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 penny1500

There's a job going for Chef De Partie in Fairhill House Hotel in Clonbur, County Galway. Good rate of pay and accommodation available at special rate. Phone the hotel and ask for Eddy for further details!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

The cellar are looking for a kitchen porter. They have a sign up. ALso one of the Italian restaurants on Quay st are looking for a sous chef. Its not Il Folleto , but the other one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭realweirdo

Supermacs are usually good at hiring. Also any of the big stores such as Dunnes Stores on the Headford Rd are quite good. You don't need much if any experience and you can use a secondary school teacher or someone like that as a reference. They just want to know you have two arms, two legs and won't steal from them, apart from that they give most people a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Dunno how long its been there(poster on the window) or if its been said already.. but gosh shoes downstairs in the shopping centre are looking for a full time person

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Also Mixtgreens still have a sign up (lower abbeygate st) looking for an experienced chef..must have HACCP training..part time position

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

Aunt Nelly's Sweet Shop are looking for part time staff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anyone with customer service experience and fluent German? PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SeDoc

Libaas (Headford Rd. Shopping center) have a sign up looking for a shop assistant. Apply within store.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Got sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 APB18

Yankee candle store want part time staff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 monisiak6

Beauty Salon in Shop Street (above Matt O'Flaherty Chemist)looking for full time hairdressers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,432 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Dealz coming to Galway next month. Open interviews being held in The Meryck Hotel till 5pm today according to Galway Bay FM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dealz coming to Galway next month. Open interviews being held in The Meryck Hotel till 5pm today according to Galway Bay FM.
    Best news this year. I told them to come to Galway, that they'd love it here and that I'd be in every day.. I love Poundland :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

In where atlantic homecare used to be in the galway shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

got sorted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Club K looking for bar and floor staff - from facebook page..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭tomtom926a

Hello all ... I was wondering because I missed the recruitment day dealz had for hiring ... Is there any other way to apply for a job with them or anyone no if they're having another recruitment day ?? Also anyone know if the Yankee candle job in abbeygate street is still going ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,432 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

tomtom926a wrote: »
    Hello all ... I was wondering because I missed the recruitment day dealz had for hiring ... Is there any other way to apply for a job with them or anyone no if they're having another recruitment day ?? Also anyone know if the Yankee candle job in abbeygate street is still going ...

Dealz have a website but I would guess they are over subscribed for staff already.
    Probably no harm getting your name in anyway if they need more people in the future.
    Otherwise walk through all the streets in town on Sunday or Monday when it's quiet and look at every window. Lots of places just have a sheet of notepaper stuck there which people don't notice. Get in before the students come back though or you will be competing with a lot more people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Centra beside An Pucan looking for deli staff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement