Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City jobs (asking/offering)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Do you require to be thought written and spoken English?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

empacher wrote: »
    Do you require to be thought written and spoken English?

Perhaps you're not the right candidate. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Perhaps you're not the right candidate. ;)

I'm not offering, i know someone teaching English for July August in Peru. Might be a handy way to adjust to teaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

D Trent wrote: »
    Keep an open mind
    This could be a scam.
    From reading the post the level of English seems fine to me

take cash in hand and you cant be scammed
    - Shane9689

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RAKIA

empacher wrote: »
    I'm not offering, i know someone teaching English for July August in Peru. Might be a handy way to adjust to teaching.
    Thank you for your kindness. Maybe I've found someone who can teach me English. Thanks =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Kings2014

Don't suppose anyone knows of any jobs going around for the summer? I've 5 months off from college so i've the time. Been applying for anything and everything i can. I've retail, sales, customer service and some journalism experience. Even working in a factory or doing something manual would suit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Front Door looking for a chef of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Any part time jobs going for the summer? Tried everything on jobs.ie/fas but no joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Is handing out random CV's to random shops stilll the done thing?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »

It's the way I've always done it. Hotels would be a good place to hit before the summer starts.

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »

If the shop is hiring then its grand but many wont take them as they are usually inundated, especially at this time of year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Goyas, Kirwans Lane, have a sign for an assistant.

Artisan: Commis Chef and KP.

Jungle Cafe: experienced Barista.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

part time staff wanted in both Wallis and Gerard from what I seen walking through the shopping centre on the headford rd.

If anyone has some paid model jobs I'd love to get the experience and also to get some experience behind the camera. Cheers!

arf91 wrote: »
    If anyone has some paid model jobs I'd love to get the experience and also to get some experience behind the camera. Cheers!

Just take selfies and sell them.

sorry.

Just take selfies and sell them.

sorry.

Funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

^^^^

Be very, very careful when looking for modelling jobs online. IF it looks dodgy it probably is.

• Advertisement

Hillbillys looking for staff and CEX want a store manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cristianoc

Hi I am looking for work in Galway city for the summer months, anybody know where are the best places to look?

cristianoc wrote: »
    Hi I am looking for work in Galway city for the summer months, anybody know where are the best places to look?

The places listed above or every pub/restaurant. Summer jobs are few and far between nowadays.

cristianoc wrote: »

Also try jobs.ie, the advertiser.ie jobs section, adverts.ie jobs section, local supermarket and college notice boards. Jobsireland.ie if you are on a social welfare payment. There's not much but they are some places I check regularly as well as handing out cvs with cover notes aimed at where you are applying. Good luck! There is always sales jobs and jobs like delivering catalogues and products, too, they seem to always be looking for new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 penny1500

Fairhill House Hotel in Clonbur (just past Cong) in Galway are looking for a Chef de Partie at the mo, as far as I know the job is available immediately!! Try calling the Head Chef on <PM for number>! Best of luck to anyone that applies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

The White House at Eyre Square are looking for dental professionals / nurses:

http://www.galwayjobs.ie/employers/job/3442348

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Yankee candle on abbeygate st looking for someone experienced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Galway-based tech company, looking for iOS and Android software developers.

Founded in Galway, with offices in Silicon Valley, we're building the next generation of sports-tracking hardware and software. We already have product on the market and are looking to expand our mobile team here in Galway city.

iOS job spec: http://activemindtechnology.theresumator.com/apply/Txsm05/IOS-Developer.html

Android job spec: http://activemindtechnology.theresumator.com/apply/bVxKeK/Android-Developer.html

McSwiggans looking for a chef and a Bar person for the restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Galway Arms on Mill Street also looking for experienced chef and bar person.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement