Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City jobs (asking/offering)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

RSA insurance is about to move in the new year from Liosban on the east of the city to a new bigger office block beside B&Q on the other side of the city. I've no idea when they will commence recruiting, but it's surely worth following up. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭thisNthat

Cutie2012 wrote: »

I don't mean to sound blunt but people do like me very much,

I find it very hard to find office work in the City or suberbs... Has anybody any hints or tips in this area of how to gain employment?

Maybe leave that bit off your CV

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I was going to mention that as well but Boards was broke. The whole spiel looks like it is copied from a template and makes her sound a bit cocky (wonder if the swear filter allows that word). It is probably ok for a multinational or somewhere with a big HR department, but maybe sound a bit more informal if you are dealing with a local employer. We are a bit more relaxed around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Cutie, your net is too wide. You don't even mention any particular area of expertise.
    If you need general help, check out Work&Jobs. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Mapaputsi

I am offering my services to create/clean up CVs and/or cover letters. I am offering this service for free to a limited number of customers, so if you would like your CV upgraded for your job search send me a private message on here.

Experience: 5 years in the medical technology industry in Galway city

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Looking for a software tester with 1+ years experience. PM me for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Customer Service Agent with German Required Immediately.

If you have:

- Fluent German

- Strong typing Skills

- Experience in a role working with customers or enquiries

we would love to receive your application immediately.

If you are looking for a role:

- In a dynamic, upbeat environment

- With the opportunity to use your initiative and grow your skills

- Managing customer responses across a number of mediums including social media

PM for more details!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

White Gables in Maigh Cullen advertising for various staff on their Facebook page today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Sign outside Boojum advertising for kitchen staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Any cleaners in the Knocknacarra area? Have an apartment out there on AirBnB and I would like to try get a regular cleaner in after each stay. Pm me for more details.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 raafaelmelo

Experienced cleaner with good references available for regular or one-time cleaning at home, apartment, office, event, after parties, etc.

I charge JUST 10 EURO per hour.

My main duties are clean the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, hovering, sweep and mop, etc.

I am available to start immediately. I also can provide my own cleaning stuff.

Available from Monday to Friday and all weekend in all Galway.

MORE INFORMATIONS: pm

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

I have a friend coming here from June until end of July. Anyone know of any jobs that require no previous experience and that are not that hard to get? It can be any job no matter how crap it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Keep an eye on this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056271450
    I see 2 recent opportunities for Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Any retail jobs going in the city? Anything at all from Smyths to tesco, etc. Not fussy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Looking for a home network Engineer that can call out to a house to sort some issues for a fee.

I'll check some of the PC repair shops to see if they know anyone but thought I'd ask her too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Looking for a home network Engineer that can call out to a house to sort some issues for a fee.

I'll check some of the PC repair shops to see if they know anyone but thought I'd ask her too.

What's the issue? Google 'IT SUpport Galway' will get you plenty of results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

JohnCleary wrote: »
    What's the issue? Google 'IT SUpport Galway' will get you plenty of results.

cheers. Pretty much just poor connection issues in the moycullen road area.

Tried changing alot of settings on the router and no matter what notice connection drops when using wired or wireless.

Used tracert and can see alot of packet loss. Its very tempermental.

ISP says everythings fine and had them out before and didn't resolve it so looking for someone else really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Tried changing alot of settings on the router and no matter what notice connection drops when using wired or wireless.

ISP says everythings fine and had them out before and didn't resolve it so looking for someone else really.

Try a different router? Did your ISP replace the one they provided? They normally will if you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Focusdpc

Hi, I'm an IT/Network engineer. I'm Gort side, if I was closer I'd have a look for you. To be honest it could be a whole host of things that's causing you issues from infected computer/laptop to damaged eir/telecom wire outside your house. The damaged wire outside would cause serious drop-outs but I'm only speculating here.

For starters you need to do a speed test on 'multiple' devices and compare speed/ping results and take it from there.
    If you exhaust all 'issues' your side, your ISP will have to do something for you, but you will have to keep on at them.

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

In need of a Babysitter this weekend?!? Fancy an Outing at the Races? A Night Out / Meal and a few drinks to de-stress after long hard week? I am a Responsible Reliable Mid-30s Female. Go enjoy yourselves and have fun. Let me take care of your kids for you. :) Rate negotiable. Can arrange to meet up beforehand to meet or chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Michael.D

Hi folks I just done a Basic Guarding Skills course a while ago and received my PSA licence.
    I’m looking for work in the Galway area. Does anyone know of any security companies that are hiring at the moment, or any factories, offices etc. that are looking for security personnel.
    Thanks in advance.
    I have also posted this in the Work & Jobs section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Galwow

Hi,

I work in the art department in film & TV industry and looking for extra evening work.
    I can help out with anything along the lines of wedding decorations, calligraphy writing or helping with any handmade touches you might need.

Living in Knocknacarra area, PM for any queries.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mouchie

Primary teacher available for homework help and english lessons.

I have 10 years experience with all age groups.

I live just outside the city centre, please PM for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 seimispook

Young Donegal man trying to get out of the sticks, would appreciate any leads the boards community can give me. What are the biggest employers in Galway? I'm not trying to snag the perfect career, I just want to go for the sure bet, whatever that might be. I've a wee bit of experience in nearly everything, jack of all trades so to speak.

seimispook wrote: »
    Young Donegal man trying to get out of the sticks, would appreciate any leads the boards community can give me. What are the biggest employers in Galway? I'm not trying to snag the perfect career, I just want to go for the sure bet, whatever that might be. I've a wee bit of experience in nearly everything, jack of all trades so to speak.
    Medical device manufacturers - look back through this thread and this forum to find the names of recruitment companies that hire product builders on contract.

Heading into the summer hotels and service jobs will be picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 renmoregirl

I'm looking for a kind, experienced and flexible childminder to help look after my 5 and 3 year olds- either in our home or childminders☺
    To start May 22.

20-25 hours during school term and 30-35 during school holidays.
    My current work shift is 7.30-3.30 so you'd finish every day at 4.
    if you'd like more information send me a message☺

• Registered Users Posts: 5 renmoregirl

Hi- I'm looking for a flexible, friendly childminder to help look after my 5 and 3 year old- either in our home or childminder's.

To start May 22nd.

During school term the hours are 12-4.
    During school holidays 9/10-4.
    I have a possible shift change in 5/6 weeks to evenings so hours would be 4/5pm- 10/11pm depending on shift (kids are asleep after 7.30/8).

If you are interested send me a message with your experience and hourly rate.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Baracudda

Hi,

We are looking for an occasional weekend babysitter/childminder for our 1 year old boy in his own home in the city centre/college road area. Typical hours would be 7:00 PM until midnight on a Saturday night. We may also need help on weekday evenings and saturday afternoons from time to time.

We are looking for someone who has experience looking after 1-2 year olds and either lives locally or has their own transport.

Please PM if interested. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

I'm a college student and I'm looking for work in Galway at the minute. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any place around the city that hire evening staff (6pm onwards)?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement