Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City jobs (asking/offering)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Artisan have a sign for waiting staff up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Mothercare in Eyre Sq SC have sign up looking for full time staff

• Registered Users Posts: 3 whyohwhy29

Anyone see any signs up looking for part time staff around the city lately?

Front door had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Yes I know it's a repost, but there is no recent ones, and the other one is closed since august.

Anyone know of any jobs going in Galway? Did the walk around town, handing in CV's everywhere. Any 'big' companies hiring atm? Factories? Stuff you wouldn't find on recruitment websites/walking around town?

I'd be willing to do almost anything (except for dodgy door-to-door sales and I accidentally sent my CV to Le Paradis, which I will NOT be doing :p)
    Ideally I would be looking at something in catering / retail / manufacturing / customer service / tourism /...
    I have over four years experience as a waitress/kitchen porter (restaurants and cafes), I can make a decent cappuccino and I prepare a mean sandwich.
    I've also done a bit of event management (for someone I know) so I'm pretty punctual and organised.
    I have about a year experience in manufacturing (Assembly) and I know factory jobs pay well, so wouldn't mind doing that again.
    I'm also completely bilingual (Dutch and English) but nobody in Galway seems to be wanting a Dutch girl to brighten their day ...

All help welcome!

Besides, any tips will not only help me, there's probably loads more of you out there looking for a job in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Got a reply from Paradis within 10 minutes btw which my boyfriend thought was hilarious.
    Suppose my nationality triggered some daydreaming of red lights and girls wrapped around poles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Front Door are looking for floor staff. Mixgreens are looking for deli,waiting and kitchen staff.

Artisan are looking again? Is it me or is that sign up and down constsntly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Busker Browns looking for bar and food people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 sarah42012

Anyone see anything recently?

• Advertisement

sarah42012 wrote: »
    Anyone see anything recently?
    Centra Forster St want Experienced deli staff. The Advertiser last week had a few others too, can be viewed online.

Riordans Cafe have been looking for a chef for a few days.

Garavans and mcdonaghs lookin

Quay St Cafe looking for chef.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

An Cupan Tae looking fro part time staff.

Dominos Pizza looking for something (probably drivers). Didn't get a chance to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 IreJewels

Da Roberta Pizzeria in Salthill have staff wanted sign in window when passed it yesterday.

Centra in Forster street need deli staff

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Barstaffneeded

Hi

We are looking for experienced bar staff for St Patricks weekend, Easter and other bank holidays and special occasions.

We are located in east Galway, close to the Mayo border. Send <PM poster>

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Was just passing Currys in the Galway Retail Park (Headford Road), and they have a notice up looking for full-time and part-time staff :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Was just passing Currys in the Galway Retail Park (Headford Road), and they have a notice up looking for full-time and part-time staff :)

They had that up last month. I applied and heard nothing back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MauriceWalsh

Hello lovely people, I am a Tipp man who has recently moved up to Galway City and am trying to tap into the "hidden jobs market" by selling myself wherever I can get the chance. There does seem to be a lot of jobs available in the area but unfortunately I am lacking in qualifications and experience for the majority of them. I am a 34 year old man who has 11 years worth of experience in the retail sector, specifically a CD/DVD/GAME chain which went bust last year. I have decent communication skills, a basic knowledge of computers and am a fairly confident, articulate individual. Retail would be the preferred choice but if a pub or club was willing to give me a few weeks work experience in pulling pints etc. that would also appeal to me, I will be calling into a few places to pursue this particular avenue though. If anyone out there has any ideas or can give me inspiration as to where I should try it would be greatly appreciated. I'm delighted to be living in such a vibrant and friendly city and hope to be happy for a long while here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hi, and welcome to the forum/city.
    I've added your post the long thread for jobs (asking/offering). Have a read of it and see if there's anything there for you.
    Maybe the post about Curry's from yesterday would suit? Anyway good luck :)

I'll check it out, thanks very much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭RINO87

Great Outdoors Eglinton st are looking for sales staff

I know that place, I'll call in there tomorrow! Thanks very much! Galway people rock.

I know that place, I'll call in there tomorrow! Thanks very much! Galway people rock.
    EZ Living Furniture in Terryland had an ad for full time staff in the Advertiser last week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SpudWinkle

Hey lads,

Hoping to move to Galway for the summer if I can get a job. Looking for barwork preferably, I've loads of experience working in pubs in North Kerry and West Limerick, and I worked with a Guinness contractor for a bit installing the Bud Ice coolers back when they first came out.

Was up in Galway a week ago and I handed out a load of CVs, but I've heard nothing back so far, so I'm gonna head back up in a week or two. In the meantime, any information about bar jobs would be great, I can send off a few emails before I go back up to beg for employment :P

Applied there today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

TK Maxx have a sign in their window looking for staff (it says the closing date for applications is April 11th).

NetCafe in Eyre Square (near Fibbers) have a sign in their window looking for experienced staff.
    ArtyC wrote: »
    Centra in Forster street need deli staff

They must be still looking for Deli staff as the signs are still up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement