Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintainence

Options
  • 03-09-2011 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi
    I am going through the most messy separation ever. My estarnged husband and I have 1 child together. He is questioning paternity since we broke up- April last year. He went about a DNA test all the wrong way and so it is not done- I got good legal advice eventually a few months ago and I have said I want it done but he pays. he is an alcoholic and I really don't want him near the child but I need mainainence. Anyway, disregarding all that, what could I expect to receive once paternity is established? I had to leave the family home due to intimidation( his mother and sister live in 1 house and he lives in another with his separated brother across the road- can see in my windows!!). He earns 435 net minimum a week, does overtime and I know for a fact the only bill in his name is his mobile. He started paying 200/month towards mortgage after I left and the house insurance. BUt he still lives with his brother and even cut off the electricity to the family home. His mother cooks his dinners!!
    Anyone any idea what I would get a week towards our son- I really need the money- i have another son who is autistic and I can only work part-time. To be honest, 20 euro per week will not be worth the hassle of letting him back into our lives. Also, our son has no inclination to see him- they haven't seen each otherin 15 months
    Hope someone can give me some good advice!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Try asking in our State Benefits forum. This forum is for people to ask questions about the boards.ie site itself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement