Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.17 misfire???

Options
  • 03-09-2011 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

while out shooting last night with my marlin 917vs .17 i toke a shot and heard a "dink" i checked the rifle and the safety was off so i thought to myself it was a misfire gave it a few minutes and ejected the round. On inspection of the round i noticed there was no mark from the firing pin! Has this ever happened to anyone else. I have had misfires before with my old .22 but there was always a mark from the pin on the round. I was using horndy 20gr rounds last nite

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Did you try loading the round again? Had the same issue with a .22lr, bolt just hadn't closed right on it, rechambered it and it fired fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Blay wrote: »
    Did you try loading the round again? Had the same issue with a .22lr, bolt just hadn't closed right on it, rechambered it and it fired fine.

Bolt was fully down and it fired perfect second time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

Theres a chap that writes for the irish online magazine IshootandFish , they have a facebook page too you can send a friend request . His name is Martin and what he doesnt know about guns it aint worth knowin. I read his bit on the .17hmr last month and went out and bought one. He has an email address im sure he would help you out.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001633042065

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭budda15c

I had the same issue with my 917vs. Had it repaired and the pin replaced. Was fine for a while and the same issue again. Would misfire probably 6-8 rounds from a box of 50. Bad news is, I never got the issue resolved, just traded it against a new rifle.

Advertisement