Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skygo BB usage ?

• 03-09-2011 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi guys, i recently saw that i can use Skygo on my pc and it seems a good little feature to be able to access, however i was wondering would it eat in to my bandwidth usage cap.
    many thanks

apophis :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Each movie is around 900mbs as which are on the movies for demand live tv on the other hand couldn't tell you only one way to find out...

Check your balance and watch sky go for 10 mins and check it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

apophis wrote: »
    however i was wondering would it eat in to my bandwidth usage cap.

Of course it would. How much depends on the quality of the stream and how much your limit is.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

Thanks for the info guys, my limit is 300 GB, so i may be ok to use it with all my other internet usage, i just don`t know really :confused:.
    may give it a try for a day or so and see where i stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

apophis wrote: »
    Thanks for the info guys, my limit is 300 GB, so i may be ok to use it with all my other internet usage, i just don`t know really :confused:.
    may give it a try for a day or so and see where i stand.

300gb? i think you're pretty safe mate :p

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

I hope so celticbhoy27, but i have a few machines in the house and a kid to go with each one, and an xbox as well thats never off :D, but il give it a try and see what usage it uses.
    many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

to put it into context mate, to use 300gb , you'd want to be waching 10 movies a day, everyday, for the entire month! don't worry about xbox or online play, you'd be doing well to use 3gb let alone 300!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

About 5MB per minute for video streaming is a good average. Quintuple this for HD content.

Video streaming video alone won't but dent your allowance of 300GB. You literally would need to be watching all day every day.

Advertisement