Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest Woman in Dublin- ARGOS ILAC CENTRE

Options
  • 03-09-2011 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

So I went into ARGOS yesterday and bought a good bit of stuff.......

I was verbally abused by a staff member named <SNIP>. I left the ARGOS store for 3 minutes while my order was being processed and when I returned I apologized to the the staff member in question for doing so. In an appalling tone <SNIP> makes the following statements:

You're not the supposed to leave the store !!

When you go into other stores do you buy stuff and walk off and leave it !!!??

On explaining that I was on my own and that I would not be able to carry all the goods I had just purchased out to the car in one go I was told:

That's not my problem.

Well I'm not watching you're stuff, I'm too busy.

The stuff isn't insured and I''m not looking after it.

No, you can't have a trolley.

I then explained to <SNIP> that I had worked in retail for quite a number of years and I had never spoken to staff like that and that I would like to talk to a manager.
    <SNIP> response was :

Yeah sure what ever.

That must be where you got YOUR attitude from.

I'll get the manager for you now and I'm gona tell him about the way you are after abusin' me there.

She actually tries to make out that I had been rude to her.

Anyhoo- Just wanted to warn everyone. If you go in there...she's spittin' venom !!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

Not surprising!Lots of loose cannons around that neck of the woods:D

I got abused by some english lad in there after i brought back a clothes horse. I only had about 5 items on it (shirts pants etc...) The thing warped in the heat in the apartment and snapped. Brought it back 2 days later.

I wanted my money back and he wouldnt give it saying i overloaded it with clothes. It was my fault, there was nothing wrong with the clothes horse.
    I told him that its in my rights for a full refund. He was not having any of it and blamed me. "im sorry sir , but i must return to my job" "Sir i told you that it was your fault and you are now causing a scene"
    It ended up with my other half dragging me away.

Will never shop there again .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭mattser

Why are more and more poster here starting their sentences with the word ' So '. Is this the new ' Looking forward ' ? It looks SO stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jackiedaniels

She sounds like a keeper!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Might I suggest that you make a complaint to Argos itself? They do genuinely care about how their company is being represented on the ground and would probably like to be aware of this kind of stuff.

From their website:
    www.argos.ie
    For enquiries about Argos or any of our stores:
    Email info@argos.ie (please enter Argos Ireland general enquiry in the email subject line)
    Telephone 0044 845 640 3030
    Write to us at Argos LTD, 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 2NW, England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

30Min wrote: »
    So I went into ARGOS yesterday and bought a good bit of stuff.......

I was verbally abused by a staff member named <SNIP>. I left the ARGOS store for 3 minutes while my order was being processed and when I returned I apologized to the the staff member in question for doing so. In an appalling tone <SNIP> makes the following statements:

You're not the supposed to leave the store !!

When you go into other stores do you buy stuff and walk off and leave it !!!??

On explaining that I was on my own and that I would not be able to carry all the goods I had just purchased out to the car in one go I was told:

That's not my problem.

Well I'm not watching you're stuff, I'm too busy.

The stuff isn't insured and I''m not looking after it.

No, you can't have a trolley.

I then explained to <SNIP> that I had worked in retail for quite a number of years and I had never spoken to staff like that and that I would like to talk to a manager.
    <SNIP> response was :

Yeah sure what ever.

That must be where you got YOUR attitude from.

I'll get the manager for you now and I'm gona tell him about the way you are after abusin' me there.

She actually tries to make out that I had been rude to her.

Anyhoo- Just wanted to warn everyone. If you go in there...she's spittin' venom !!!

If anyone uses that word, i stop reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

mattser wrote: »
    Why are more and more poster here starting their sentences with the word ' So '. Is this the new ' Looking forward ' ? It looks SO stupid.

So what if they do? It doesn't make a blind bit of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OP - Make a complaint to the store manager and to Head Office in writing. Otherwise nothing will ever happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I have to say this in fairness to Argos staff I always found them to be very polite and nice . Now if you had said pc world then then I would have said that's normal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Maybe its an argos thing.

I had an issue with Argos in Wexford for being really rude. Have not gone back since, and have persuaded others not to go there either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

If anyone uses that word, i stop reading!
    Why?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

30 min. A few people can be at the end of their tether over something previous on the day.I'm goin' to have a wander in in the next few days.She may be havin' an awful time of it from another quarter.Bad hair day and a flaming row with her make-up that morning.Possibly.Anything interesting and i'll post it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭30Min

I've never shopped in PC world- but I believe you.

The other staff in that particular store were lovely. Really helpful. But this one just left me speechless.

I mean, if I had been rude to her, as I have no doubt some customers are at times, then more power to her. She'd have every reason to be a wagon and I'd have no grounds what so ever to complain. But I wasn't and never would be. I've never understood people who have the tendency to be needlessly rude to retail/hospitality staff.

As soon as I got home yesterday I wrote a very detailed email of complaint to Argos.

They got back to me this morning, to say they will be conducting an internal investigation into my complaint and they offered me a €5 gift voucher, which I can expect in 5- 7 days.

I'm delira :D

paddyandy wrote: »
    30 min. A few people can be at the end of their tether over something previous on the day.I'm goin' to have a wander in in the next few days.She may be havin' an awful time of it from another quarter.Bad hair day and a flaming row with her make-up that morning.Possibly.Anything interesting and i'll post it.

I'd be very interested in hearing the outcome of your investingation :)

You're weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭bhovaspack

I was intrigued by your comment, and found the following article which attempts to address some of these questions:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/22/us/22iht-currents.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭mattser

You're weird.
    Read the piece at 13.24 and tell me what it says about YOU.

Read the piece at 13.24 and tell me what it says about YOU.

I'm not interested..... Don't read so much into this- its just a two letter word

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Doesn't seem that rude, and Argos don't have trolleys.

She just did not want your stuff nicked - you'd be at a loss and it would be a hassle for the store (calling Gardai, checking tapes etc).

If I was buying a lot of bulky items I personally would have brought somebody with me - or got a trolley in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

I don't see where the argos girl was rude, really would you go to a shop buy something + leave your stuff behind. Lots of thieves around.

• Advertisement

JDxtra wrote: »
    Doesn't seem that rude, and Argos don't have trolleys.

She just did not want your stuff nicked - you'd be at a loss and it would be a hassle for the store (calling Gardai, checking tapes etc).

If I was buying a lot of bulky items I personally would have brought somebody with me - or got a trolley in advance.

Its hard to convey a tone through text. Its not what she said....it was the way she spoke to me that was totally uncalled for. She was just being a downright bitch.

You don't expect me to believe that through her outburst she was trying to help me out.....trying to show she cares.....Don't make me laugh :D

I don't remember saying bulky. I just bought a lot of stuff.

Argos don't have trolleys......so- what were all the trolleys doing behind the counter ....?

Its a joke to say that you should have to ask someone to come shopping with you, because Argos won't let you take stuff out of their store to your car in two lots...:rolleyes:

I don't see where the argos girl was rude, really would you go to a shop buy something + leave your stuff behind. Lots of thieves around.

But in Argos they keep all the stuff behind the counter.....I didn't leave it behind- they hadn't even given it to me yet.

My receipt said- you're order will take 10 minutes to process. So I went into the pound shop while they were getting the stuff together. Then when I came back- I went up to the counter and she went straight for the jugular.

I didn't collect the stuff from the counter.....leave in the middle of the store and walk out.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

But in Argos they keep all the stuff behind the counter.....I didn't leave it behind- they hadn't even given it to me yet.

My receipt said- you're order will take 10 minutes to process. So I went into the pound shop while they were getting the stuff together. Then when I came back- I went up to the counter and she went straight for the jugular.

I didn't collect the stuff from the counter.....leave in the middle of the store and walk out.....

I had to leave some stuff behind counter After purchasing it in the waterford store once. No problem at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Destroyer666

Sounds like a right thundering ****, could have been that time of month for her who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

At least OP you weren't ignored

I did something similar in Argos Clonmel. I ordered the item and when the display said 10 minutes wait I went for a walk.

Came back and there is my item on the counter, waited about 5 minutes for someone to hand it to me (I must have been invisible that day) and stamp the receipt etc. before eventually just picking the item up and walking out the door..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Obviously maybe the tone of voice said a lot but i wish people would stop expecting this over-the-top fake american style customer service. Maybe you leaving your stuff there was an insurance risk or whatever.

Maybe the situation would have been completely different if you have of simply said before popping out- 'do you mind if i pop out for a minute, i'll be back'

People working in retail are not there to serve your every whim. they are people too who have to deal every day with people who seem to have absolutely no common sense or courtesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Dinkie wrote: »
    Maybe its an argos thing.

I had an issue with Argos in Wexford for being really rude. Have not gone back since, and have persuaded others not to go there either.

you're missing out

Obviously maybe the tone of voice said a lot but i wish people would stop expecting this over-the-top fake american style customer service. Maybe you leaving your stuff there was an insurance risk or whatever.

Maybe the situation would have been completely different if you have of simply said before popping out- 'do you mind if i pop out for a minute, i'll be back'

People working in retail are not there to serve your every whim. they are people too who have to deal every day with people who seem to have absolutely no common sense or courtesy.

So because I am not happy to be treated like a piece of dirt, I am expecting 'Fake American customer service'.....no, no. I'm not expecting anything of the sort. Simply not being abused is good enough for me :).

My every whim......I just wanted to buy a kettle, a can opener and a few towels....you're way off there I'm afraid :o

And I do have common decency. That's why the first words out of my mouth when I went up to the counter were...'I'm sorry I went into another shop....'.

That's when she started......she was gone beyond the Pale :)

you're missing out

I thought you had stopped reading ;)

• Advertisement

I had to leave some stuff behind counter After purchasing it in the waterford store once. No problem at all!

I can only dream for this sweet pleasure ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement