Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest Woman in Dublin- ARGOS ILAC CENTRE

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I too have had to do one or more runs to the car boot with argos purchases in their Dundalk and both Newry stores...it was no problem at all to have the remaining items placed on the ground behind the countrer for when I returned, just a matter of showing my recepit and telling the nearest staff member that I had stuff there/
    On another occasion in Lisburn a heavy item I bought was pretty tough to manage and one of the staff helped me put it in a trolley to take it to the car.
    All the above stores were busy enough IIRC and staff couldn't have been more helpful...maybe it's a Dublin thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭30Min

Wertz wrote: »
    I too have had to do one or more runs to the car boot with argos purchases in their Dundalk and both Newry stores...it was no problem at all to have the remaining items placed on the ground behind the countrer for when I returned, just a matter of showing my recepit and telling the nearest staff member that I had stuff there/
    On another occasion in Lisburn a heavy item I bought was pretty tough to manage and one of the staff helped me put it in a trolley to take it to the car.
    All the above stores were busy enough IIRC and staff couldn't have been more helpful...maybe it's a Dublin thing...

I should probably re-iterate here that, the problem she had with me started before I asked to leave stuff while I ran out to the car.

I walked up to the counter to initially claim the stuff I had paid for and she took the head off me.....then after this, I said I'd need to leave and come back and she continued her rant at me.

Can't see what the problem is with her then...you've paid for the item, got a ticket number...had your number called out a few times with no response...she puts your stuff to one side and moves down the queue, then you come back, and she gives you your stuff...if anything it's other cutomers that should be pissy about you breaking the queue...

Can't see what the problem is with her then...you've paid for the item, got a ticket number...had your number called out a few times with no response...she puts your stuff to one side and moves down the queue, then you come back, and she gives you your stuff...if anything it's other cutomers that should be pissy about you breaking the queue...

I didn't break the queue. I looked around when I got to the collection area and it said up on the screen, order processing, for about 3 ticket numbers. Those people were obviously hanging back waiting to be called........or they may have stepped out to another shop while their order was processed (Jesus wept !! ).

So I just walked up to the counter.

At the end of the day-She was just a ****in' wagon :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The way I read your post it sounded like there was a pair of ye in it tbh. Seems a bit strange for you to omit everything you said and only give her responses.

• Advertisement

30Min wrote: »

At the end of the day-She was just a ****in' wagon :rolleyes:.

If you've already reached that conclusion then what do you want from the forum?
    Either she's a bitch or you got her on a bad day or else you're not the world's best customer yourself or a combination of all the above.
    Complain to head office in writing or else don't use the store again...

If you've already reached that conclusion then what do you want from the forum?
    Either she's a bitch or you got her on a bad day or else you're not the world's best customer yourself or a combination of all the above.
    Complain to head office in writing or else don't use the store again...

Well if you read the last line of my original post......you'd have the answer to your question....:rolleyes:

The way I read your post it sounded like there was a pair of ye in it tbh. Seems a bit strange for you to omit everything you said and only give her responses.

Well.....my responses are in there.

I can't read them for you :D.

But your probably right. There must have been something about my apology that rubbed her up the wrong way :P

Well if you read the last line of my original post......you'd have the answer to your question....:rolleyes:
    Yes I managed that before I posted first time around...which doesn't answer my question as to what you want from the forum or what you expect as extra advice or input on the matter...seems to me that this thread is just venting on your behalf and some sort of petty retribution against the member of staff in question.
    Would you like everyone on here to also boycott the store or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

I went into the Clonmel store and got a lot of heavy stuff that was to much for 1 person to carry, I only live 300 yards away, they asked if they could carry it out to the car for me? I told them I live round the corner and they cant go farther than the car park, could I leave some behind and do two runs? No problem, we'll put it behind the counter. Great service. Next time I got too much to cary, they lent me thier trolly, I think it must have been her, I can only praise the staff in Clonmel

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

which doesn't answer my question as to what you want from the forum or what you expect as extra advice or input on the matter

Maybe (s)he posted here because (s)he didn't really know what to do? it doesn't really matter much anyway.

(S)he's got some great advice though, to lodge a formal complaint to the manager and head office, and should act on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

you're missing out

I don't think so.... especially now Joyces have started doing computer stuff, which was the main reason I used to go in there... and everything else is available around the town albeit not in a one stop shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

..which doesn't answer my question as to what you want from the forum or what you expect as extra advice or input on the matter...

Sharing a consumer experience ?

Yes I managed that before I posted first time around...which doesn't answer my question as to what you want from the forum or what you expect as extra advice or input on the matter...seems to me that this thread is just venting on your behalf and some sort of petty retribution against the member of staff in question.
    Would you like everyone on here to also boycott the store or something?

I shared an experience I had. People read about said experience, we discussed it. People shared their own experiences, they then offered advice. They told me about other stores where they've been in a similar situation and about stores where they've had fantastic customer service.......we had a discussion. I very much appreciated everyone's contribution and that was that.

There's nothing more to it.....not that I can see anyway.

If what you are reading is not of interest to you then jog on mate.

I wouldn't have bothered to post if it wasn't of interest to me. I hate poor customer service as much as the next shopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it's like when i go to the chipper i say i will be back in a few minutes and go to the shop or offy next door and they never have a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭S Connor

I find I usually get the same good sevice in Dublin as you get in Dundalk and Newry so its not a Dublin thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Poonus

There's an <SNIP> guy working at Argos who's a bit rude too, but its more funny than unpleasant.

I've been there with my girlfriend a few times. I'll order something first, the guy grunts at me, not friendly at all, thrusts my change at me. Then my girlfriend comes after, he's all smiles and sunshine.

Man-hating man. Makes me giggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I've never shopped in PC world- but I believe you.

Have been ejected from PC world on several occasions for interfering with their blatant lies.
    The best on was when a 'technician' told a guy with a faulty printer that he had invalidated the warranty by opening it up to change the ink cartridge.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

ch750536 wrote: »
    Have been ejected from PC world on several occasions for interfering with their blatant lies.
    The best on was when a 'technician' told a guy with a faulty printer that he had invalidated the warranty by opening it up to change the ink cartridge.
    :D

Their sister store Curry's was caught out big time on BBC's Watchdog this week, endless packs of lies told when flogging extended warranties across multiple branches. Turns out that each salesperson had a target of two extended warranties per shift.

However they are within their rights effectively telling you to sod off and mind your own business when you interfere in a transaction to which you are not a party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

When you go into other stores do you buy stuff and walk off and leave it !!!??
    You should have yes, and said you have done it in this argos and other argos stores several times before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I don't get how anyone can defend the worker after reading the comments. In Argos especially where all the items are behind the counter.

What a joke! OP please report her, that's ridiculous. What happened when the manager came out?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

Oh it's good to know I am not alone! I was queing for customer service in Argos in the Ilac centre. I was at the top and 2 argos sales staff were having a natter about 1/2 price items in tesco. A queue started to build up and the people behind me were tutting etc. So I asked, nicely as I was looking for a refund, sorry could I return something please. The staff were not happy at me having the cheek of interrupting them! on came the power trip. I was returning a hand held hoover that wouldnt suck up anything. It was still sparking white, no dirt in the bag or anything. He haughtily said if its faulty it will have to be sent off for testing. I said okay -and he said come back in a an hour. So HE (lets call him Ian....) was doing the 'testing'. I came back and he practically threw it at me, saying it works fine. The state of the hoover he gave me back. The nozzle was black and scratched, no longer white, from where he obviously had to dig it into the ground to try and get suction. As a result the bag had bits of dirt. I asked to speak to the manager- it was the woman he was talking to earlier.Boy did she have his back- she said the item had clearly been used and was dirty! It was them who did that in their 'testing'. Aaarggh. Argos returns policy is pretty good- if only all their staff would apply it!

Moral of my story:
    Return your Argos purchases to another store, but don't risk the Ilac. It could end up becoming completetly non-returnable!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This thread went on for long enough originally without starting again. Closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement