Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best network to get a Blackberry on?

Options
  • 03-09-2011 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

What is the best network to get a BIS plan on PAYG? and what would be the best BlackBerry phone to get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Define best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Cheapest BIS Plan, with good reception?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Im interested in this also. Am thinking of buying the new Blackberry Bold 9900 on o2 for 400e and top up 20e each month for unlimited txt to anynetwork plus 9.99e for the BIM. Works out a lot cheaper than being on a contract for 18months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

If signal is good then there's no difference in the quality of BIS on any network. So I'd get a free pre pay sim from networks you're considering and which ever has the best signal (3G) and price combo is the one I'd pick. Test the signal where you live, work and play.

How is the phone going for you now Cookie1977? Would you still recommend it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Very happy with if Don. Battery life has improved a little since I got it. Initially it was lasting just a full work day and a little more but now I'm getting into the next day before needing a charge. Now that could be down to the battery being broken in or me using it slightly less as I'm getting used to its newness. I'd recommend it if you're interested in BlackBerry's.

I am interested but just trying to work out the best plan for it. Tempted to do what you did buy it and unlock it. Im currently with Meteor and waiting until end of month to see if they will stock it as due an upgrade. Miss my old nokia e72 for its qwerty keypad.

Advertisement