Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Southgate Fitness Closed ?

Options
  • 03-09-2011 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I was talking to lad last night who told me Southgate Fitness has closed down, literally overnight. Does anyone know anything? He thinks they are moving to the Neptune in Bettystown. If so, will my membership carry over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭rpurfield

yeah theyre closed my wife is a member and she went down friday and the place was cleaned out.apparently a couple of the staff got jobs up in the one in the neptune and whoever is opening it bought up all the equipment out of southgate.i think she said the neptune will be up and running monday but i dunno if memberships carry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I thought the Neptune had closed down :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

The Neptune had closed down.
    The new gym is called "Integral Fitness". Called about membership and spoke to a lovely girl but as I expected membership just too dear for me. 800 couple membership and 400 for single I think :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭K nacker

There's a catch for exsisting Southgate members, you have to pay for full new membership at bettystown and then they will discount the remainder of the Southgate gym subscription.

Not great given its the same family involved in both gyms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭atila

Does anyone know the legalities in this instance? can a gym accept money for an annual membership shortly before going out of business?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭K nacker

atila wrote: »
    Does anyone know the legalities in this instance? can a gym accept money for an annual membership shortly before going out of business?

Don't know TBH. Be warned all, they have a letter on the door of the closed gym stating how great Integral bettystown are for doing such a wonderful thing. Its real bullSh*te in the letter. Not one mention of the family connection between the two gyms in it. Its not being honest with members who have lost out, and to me it smells to high heaven.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭rpurfield

K nacker wrote: »
    Don't know TBH. Be warned all, they have a letter on the door of the closed gym stating how great Integral bettystown are for doing such a wonderful thing. Its real bullSh*te in the letter. Not one mention of the family connection between the two gyms in it. Its not being honest with members who have lost out, and to me it smells to high heaven.:mad::mad::mad:

it sounded suspect to me when the missus told me the story and she got a letter out from them yesterday extolling the virtues of integral fitness and offering the discount.stinks to high heaven of some sort of a fast one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Cant believe these scumbags can just get away with this, i rang integral to ask what the alternative was and they said southgate got in touch with them a month ago saying they were in trouble and looking to work out a deal. If this is the case why were they taking new members 2 days before they closed. Its a disgrace and I hope the owner gets all thats due to him. I understand places going under in this climate but the way in which this happened is just a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AMPT

Southgate Fitness has reopened its doors but its not the gym.
    There are various classes running from fitness classes to zumba etc.
    As far as I know the plan is to reopen the gym at some stage when they manage to get a decent suitor, but as and from last week there are various fitness classes running am and pm for both ladies and men

Advertisement