Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2Gig of data.. is that alot?

Options
  • 03-09-2011 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

Meteor have a 2 gig data pack with one of their offers... si that alot?

Essentially i want it for browsing the internet watching youtube.. no downloading really mainly browsing and watching videos..

I know its a "how long is a piece of string" question, but is 2 gig alot per month or am i likely to over shoot that amount?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Unless you download films or the like 2gb should more than cover your needs I'd imagine.
    The google home page is 1kb, average web pages are about 25kb I think, so you would be doing well to bust 2gb in a month imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

is there a way of keeping track of your useage per month to see if you are close to going over? ie.. how much you have used?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

is there a way of keeping track of your useage per month to see if you are close to going over? ie.. how much you have used?

3G Watchdog

Watching video's will eat into your data allowance fairly quickly. 3G Watchdog is great for keeping an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

What's the device? I think there are apps that will monitor it for you..

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

If you spend a lot of time on youtube you can burn through 2 gbs fast. Most videos on there now are in high definition. Same goes for the other naughtier tube sites. Be careful.

• Advertisement

bandit197 wrote: »

is that free? I see a pro version for 2.25.. i assume thats 2.25 once off payment?

What's the device? I think there are apps that will monitor it for you..

Galaxy s 2.. havnt got it yet.. looking at getting it today..

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

is that free? I see a pro version for 2.25.. i assume thats 2.25 once off payment?

Free version does the job perfectly.

Advertisement