Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad Electives

Options
  • 03-09-2011 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Just a quick question about how the electives work. I'm doing an MA with Spire and there is a pile of options for 1st semester, about 10. But having not done an MA before I'm assuming there won't be too many people in my year/class, so what happens with the electives? Do you get the ones you pick or do you have to do the ones the majority sign up for etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭VALIS

Good question, but remember SPIRE hold a lot of MA/MSc programmes and as far as I can see most of the electives are shared out between them so demand ought to be sufficient for each elective (I would hope, I'm doing an MSc with SPIRE!).

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tupamaros

VALIS wrote: »
    Good question, but remember SPIRE hold a lot of MA/MSc programmes and as far as I can see most of the electives are shared out between them so demand ought to be sufficient for each elective (I would hope, I'm doing an MSc with SPIRE!).

Yeah, there even seems to be crossover with Philosophy.

Advertisement