Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Runners & orthotics

• 03-09-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Anyone any suggestions on a good runner to go with my orthotics?
    Distance wise it'll be half marathon, and terrain will be road/treadmill/field.

Am I right in saying I will need something neutral with good cushioning as all the corrections/structure that comes built into runners is already in my orthotics?

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Best thing to do is to go to a running shop that provides gait analysis and have them help you choose a pair. Normally you would expect a neutral shoe to work if they're proper orthotics but best to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭gottarun

Best thing to do is talk to the person who built the orthotics and ask them what running shoe they have considered when they designed the thing. Take their suggestions to your local running store and get them to fit you properly for your running shoe plus orthotic.

Sometimes these orthotics are designed to complement a specific shoe which may not necessarily be a neutral shoe. Always get confirmation from the orthotic designer.

Advertisement