Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&Bs in Thurles?

Options
  • 03-09-2011 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Myself and a pal are bringing our two sons (both aged 10) to Thurles next Sat the 10th for the Hurling U21 final and we want to stay the night. A B&B would suit us perfectly but every time I search I end up with loads of B&B's in Cashel or well outside Thurles town. We want something relatively close to the town centre so we can walk to the stadium and back again or at worst get a taxi for a few minutes journey.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Ben

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't know if I need to notify myself of moving a thread into a forum I mod or not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Clareman wrote: »
    I don't know if I need to notify myself of moving a thread into a forum I mod or not :D

?????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

BenEadir wrote: »
    Hi all,

Myself and a pal are bringing our two sons (both aged 10) to Thurles next Sat the 10th for the Hurling U21 final and we want to stay the night. A B&B would suit us perfectly but every time I search I end up with loads of B&B's in Cashel or well outside Thurles town. We want something relatively close to the town centre so we can walk to the stadium and back again or at worst get a taxi for a few minutes journey.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Ben

Twin Oaks BB here beside me in Thurles is lovely.
    0504-23301 is their number.

It is approximately 1 mile from Thurles town centre and it's in Clongour which is easily accessible off the Dublin-Cork Road.

As an exiled Dub living here I'll be at that match too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

hinault wrote: »
    Twin Oaks BB here beside me in Thurles is lovely.
    0504-23301 is their number.

It is approximately 1 mile from Thurles town centre and it's in Clongour which is easily accessible off the Dublin-Cork Road.

As an exiled Dub living here I'll be at that match too!
    ^^^^^^
    Deffo Twin Oaks. excellent stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I can also recommend Twin Oaks, or if they're booked out, try Cuilin Guesthouse on the Templemore Rd (a little bit closer to Semple).
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~thurlesbandb/
    Tel 0504 23237

Friends of mine stayed in both B&Bs last year for a family wedding and were very happy with their choices.

• Advertisement
Advertisement