Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would I get a switch like this?

• 03-09-2011 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Image0318.jpg

I've tried about fifteen times at this stage to get a good picture with my mobile phone but the above is the best I can do.. not sure why, it's usually pretty good...

Anyway that was a switch used for a tank outside... It seems pretty generic to me but I brought it to an electrical/heating sales place yesterday and they didnt have one.. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Maplins or Radionics. Looks like a DPST rocker switch. Just get one which has the same ratings amp and voltage wise as yours, it'll be written on the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I found something almost identical on Maplins alright..

http://www.maplin.co.uk/16a-rocker-switches-11918

There's a load of text on the side of my switch.. Some of which is worn away.. I can see 16A on one line, but 20A on another.. Let me see if I can get it clearer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭10-10-20

What Owen said is correct. Most of these would be rated for 16A at 230v. It looks to be illuminated as well, so bear that in mind also.

Go with GU55K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That GU55K is almost identical to my own.. pin number were slightly different but I checked it with a multimeter.. It's in and working now... thanks..

Advertisement