Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding users profiles

Options
  • 03-09-2011 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

this sounds so ridiculous I know:rolleyes:

I tried seeking a users profile the other day using the search bar ( proper spelling), but I couldn't turn up any answers.

Any ideas on how to go about it guys?

Thanks in advance!:D

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Click on the name, there's a dropdown, choose view public profile. Or in most browsers middle clicking for a new tab will go straight there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kielmanator

sorry spear, let me re-phrase.

what I mean is, I can't find any of their posts, so I have no name to click on.

knew that bit.;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Try using "Advanced search" above in the top right, and enter the user's name in the "Posted by user(s)" field?

nope no go. Bit of a conundrum innit?:D

do you know the way on facebook, you have the option of searching for someone through the search bar by name, location etc. etc.

Is there any such function even remotely like it on boards?:confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Have you tried manually searching via the Member List

• Advertisement

Shield wrote: »
    Have you tried manually searching via the Member List

a-ha, thanks shield. you're the best!:D

(resolved)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement