Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zyxel 660hw-t1 v3 keeps dropping connection

Options
  • 03-09-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I've read the postings on this router in the forum, but haven't come across our own issue. We are business users with about 30 broadband lines, and a mix of netopia and zyxel routers. mostly these work okay, but lately one of the zyxels, which is on a critical 8Mbs line, produces the following behaviour:

- normal operation for about an hour
    - connection becomes slow and unusable
    - eventually have to turn the router off and on, which corrects the problem for an hour.

We've replaced the router with another zyxel, put it on another BB line, etc. everything shows that the line is okay.

the line is shared by about 40 users, but the usage is minimal, just looking stuff up on the web - no downloads or gaming.

From what I've read on the boards, this router is notorious for problems, but before I go to my boss and ask for a nice new cisco router (budget is an issue), I'd like to hear other's views.

If you've replaced your zyxel, what router did you choose and what was your experience with the new one?

Thanks in advance,
    Jennifer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

countzero wrote: »
    Hi,

I've read the postings on this router in the forum, but haven't come across our own issue. We are business users with about 30 broadband lines, and a mix of netopia and zyxel routers. mostly these work okay, but lately one of the zyxels, which is on a critical 8Mbs line, produces the following behaviour:

- normal operation for about an hour
    - connection becomes slow and unusable
    - eventually have to turn the router off and on, which corrects the problem for an hour.

We've replaced the router with another zyxel, put it on another BB line, etc. everything shows that the line is okay.

the line is shared by about 40 users, but the usage is minimal, just looking stuff up on the web - no downloads or gaming.

From what I've read on the boards, this router is notorious for problems, but before I go to my boss and ask for a nice new cisco router (budget is an issue), I'd like to hear other's views.

If you've replaced your zyxel, what router did you choose and what was your experience with the new one?

Thanks in advance,
    Jennifer

Hi countzero
    if you have moved this particular router to another broadband line with same results and the replacement router on first line does not show these symptoms then it would appear to be a problem with first router.
    If you give our broadband tech support team a cal on 1890260260 to have them troubleshoot this with you they should be able to confirm this or advise of any other issue.
    Hope they can suggest something.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 9 countzero

Hi Tony,

When we moved the router to another line it functioned okay. We basically swopped routers and lines around.

I checked the logs this morning on the original router and it had a message about a severy damaged packet - can't remember the exact wording and can't access it at the mo - it gave this error as the reason for dropping the connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

countzero wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

When we moved the router to another line it functioned okay. We basically swopped routers and lines around.

I checked the logs this morning on the original router and it had a message about a severy damaged packet - can't remember the exact wording and can't access it at the mo - it gave this error as the reason for dropping the connection.

Hi countzerodo yo uhave any fault logging which would have the message. It would be helpful damaged to give this to them also.
    Tony

Advertisement