Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about induction

Options
  • 03-09-2011 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

So my induction is on tuesday of next week and Im just wondering what exactly it entails? Is it just tours,meeting the lecturers etc.?
    It also says we have to go get our student cards wednesday, so what happens on the thursday and friday? Will there be events or something on? Sorry for all the questions Im the oldest in my family so never had anyone older to tell me what exactly first week of college is like :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Last year I entered DIT aungier street studying DT366

On induction day we met our lecturers, they told us if we needed anything (ie books ect) for classes. We were briefly introduced to the IT and webct systems and go a tour of the library, we were shown how the library catelogue works. Lecturer directly responsible for us (ie our class tutor made us do get to know each other crap and introduce each other). Some of that stuff happened the second day when we were supposed our cards.

Nothing happened on the other days of the first week. The week after when classes start is the official week with crazy nights our and clubs and society operating stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

i dont think ill be able to make it to my induction day, does it matter much?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

There's already a thread on this that answers all your questions down a bit further on the forum.

Advertisement