Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours outside windows

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ask if she is getting the toddler a cat. The toddler will think this is a great idea. Repeat every time she comes back. She may start avoiding your place when she gets bored of saying that she won't be getting a cat to the toddler... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread moved to Accomodation & Property so it can be merged with the duplicate thread.

OP - please do not create two threads on the same topic in different forums

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

TheUsual wrote: »
    You have never lived in an appartment.
    It's nice to have some peace when you want, and imagine having strangers watch your business at random times.

I have lived in apartments? What does that have to do with anything, in fact in my current house our bedroom window is on the street with no garden in front of it. The point is, if you knew your neighbour they could end up just calling to the door once in a while to have their child meet your cat, rather than doing it through your sitting room window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Our neighbour allows his dog to pee on the side of our house. We have no gardens but a little bit of space at the side of the terrace. He walks by every few hours when they bring the dog out happily singing to the dog in polish.

Sometimes he has a look in at us .. sometimes he doesnt.

When we had just moved in I had friends over and we could hear this guy around the side of the house. My friend popped around and said "oh its your neighbour.......... "Hello"... oh right you're taking a slash sorry".

He was peeing into the drain beside the house. These things happen in built up areas, the last place I lived our neighbours kids used to stand at the wall opposite the house and stare at us watching television. We eventually just closed the blinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

wild_cat wrote: »
    Our neighbour allows his dog to pee on the side of our house. We have no gardens but a little bit of space at the side of the terrace. He walks by every few hours when they bring the dog out happily singing to the dog in polish.

Sometimes he has a look in at us .. sometimes he doesnt.

When we had just moved in I had friends over and we could hear this guy around the side of the house. My friend popped around and said "oh its your neighbour.......... "Hello"... oh right you're taking a slash sorry".

He was peeing into the drain beside the house. These things happen in built up areas, the last place I lived our neighbours kids used to stand at the wall opposite the house and stare at us watching television. We eventually just closed the blinds.
    Spray him with a garden hose to stop him urinating like that. Just be careful not to get the dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

Playlist:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Sir Psycho Sexy.
    The Doors, Gloria(live).
    Steinski, I'm Wild About That Thing.
    Ginuwine, Pony.
    Bloodhound Gang, The Bad Touch, Ballad of Chasey Lane.
    Mindless Self Indulgence, B*itches, Fagg*t.
    Nine Inch Nails, Closer.
    Richard Cheese, anything by him really!
    ZZ Top, Pearl Necklace.
    Salt 'n' Peppa, Let's Talk About Sex.
    Nirvana, Rape Me.

Leave the window open just a crack!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭zyndacyclone

The mother doesn't realise that she is causing a problem. Just talk to her and explain the problem or leave her a polite note explaining that your cats don't enjoy it and you feel that she is intruding.

All she wants to do is show her kids some cats. A quick personal plea for privacy will probably fix it.

And WTF is up with people who automatically suggest being rude or showing sex dolls to kids?? Is this really Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

well looks like problem maybe solving itself as the cats are going on long walkabouts the last few days so the woman has not being coming around as she has nothing to look at! Thanks to the people with the genuine suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Victor wrote: »
    Spray him with a garden hose to stop him urinating like that. Just be careful not to get the dog.

That'd be handy if we had one, would be good for washing bikes, getting rid of a mag pie that seems to hang around to...

They wash the waste away themselves I think as there's never any dog poo left around but you will see the dog pee mark on the concrete. I don't mind if he got caught short one evening and needed to pee when the dog was taking a pee to... I'm not talking a great dane amount of waste here just a toy dog breed...

My point was... if there's no real harm being done... and we have to live in populous areas can we just not get along?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭07734

Op

I say leave it be. In no time at all the toddler will be bored with them, and will have no interest in your flat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

well looks like problem maybe solving itself as the cats are going on long walkabouts the last few days

I hope they didn't approach other people's windows and annoy them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

C-J wrote: »
    Oh for gods sake I live in an apartment with one solid wall of glass, standing outside you still cant see in you just see your own reflection in the glass. The neighbour is hardly pressed up against the glass with a camera taking mental notes of valuable possessions she's being a good mother to her child! Why doesnt the op ring the guards i'm sure they'd love to respond to such an urgent call

If she couldn't see in there would be no problem surely, the fact that see can see the cats would suggest otherwise. If I was the op, and just going about my business in my home and all of a sudden saw two people looking in the window, I would be a bit freeked. I would suggest to the op, that see make friends with these people and that would make it easier to come up with a solution.

Advertisement