Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripps Gourmet German Food

Options
  • 03-09-2011 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭

Tried this place today (where Cafe Delice was on Abbeygate St) for the 1st time. Had a bratwurst, bacon and egg roll. Damn nice wurst. Great selection of differnet fries(sweet and savoury), pretzels, sandwiches etc. Nice staff too. Worth a go for some quick fix food.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

what time do ye open?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

what time do ye open?
    I've nowt to do with them and didnt notice any opening hours, open until 6 though id guess.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

it's decent, I found the wurst to be a bit to salty for my liking but the 3.50 spicy version is very good value (not that the wurst isn't, unless you don't like it :D)

Hope they manage to stick around.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

Keep meaning to pop in there, heard the bratwurst is delish, gonna make it my aim to get in there next week now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Who does the worst wurst in Galway ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Who does the worst wurst in Galway ??
    Shame on you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

They have some of their stuff in Joyces to the left of the entrance. I spoke to a german lady to was stocking and she gave me a card for the deli. I didn't realize they did sausage and stuff. I just tried their salted pretzels and was surprised they were only ok. The Lidl ones are like cardboard. Meanwhile the ones made by the irish guy at the market are kick-ass!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

No leberwurst! No blutwurst! Need to get more variety with the sausages and focus less on the sugary treats IMO.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Currywurst is nice in there too. I love heading into this place for a snack of a saturday.

Advertisement