Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Totally confused with choosing wood floor

Options
  • 03-09-2011 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

Looking for approx 70sqm of factory engineered brushed and oiled wide plank oak. Have drivern myself crazy going in and out of shops looking at samples. No two are the same! Want as thick a top as possible. Don't want too many knots or variations in colour. Prefer a deeper colour rather than a lighter one.

Can't find anything in my budget that I like. Love the Junker range. I know they're solid wood but the colour is perfect. Wish I could match it in factory engineered. Anyone any suggestions where I could go? Have tried all the major shops in Dublin and our building work will be starting soon :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

you will find it hard to get all dark boards with no knots the wder the board the better chance your gonna have a problem a board 6 inch thick would be stable enough but factory finished boards will be prefinished with a laquer but will be more yellowy if you put down an unfinished board you could oil it and get a darker finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Thanks but I'm looking for recommendations for suppliers. Will travel to the North if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

I need to replace carpet on large room with laminate, trouble is got sample of laminate which looked too thin and a thick better quality one but it requires glue, its not click laminate, i really need advice before i invest in this, my question is has anyone experience of this flooring to share with me.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement