Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfsat, Derry, Giant's Causeway, Northern Ireland: what a beautiful surprise!

Options
  • 03-09-2011 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hello!

I'm Italian and I've been to East-West and South Ireland 3 times since I really love it, but never to Northern Ireland, so on August I went there with a friend of mine, we rent a car and drove from Dublin to Belfast, spend two nights there, and toured it for two days, visited the Giant's Causeway and drove through the costal route, then spent few hours in Derry. After that we drove to Donegal, and down to Galway, where I've already been another time.

Well, I have to say that I really loved NI too, in Belfast we were in a nice B&B in the South West (Andersonstown area if I recall), we walked to go to the centre going through the Falls I think (sorry, but I don't remember the streets), I don't know if it's normally considered a safe area, but we always felt really safe even walking back quite late at night (it was about 45 min walk), nice and friendly people, always helpful (we got lost once :D, and another time, we were looking for an open restaurant quite late in the evening and couldn't find it so we asked some locals and few people who were walking in the street, listening to us, stopped and gave us directions and advices)

We really loved Derry, small but really pretty and characteristical with its walls, we found nice and friendly people over there too.

So, I cannot say how's living there, but would surely recommend it for a touristic journey. Definetely want to go back again in the future and stay a bit longer.

Ciao! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 nocciolina

Ops, sorry, little mistake in the title, Belfast of course :D

Advertisement