Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a grant, supposed to pay student levy??

Options
  • 03-09-2011 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Getting a grant so I paid the €72 student levy but a friend was telling me that I wasn't actually supposed to pay anything!

Can anyone clear this up with me whether I should have paid this or should I go try get it back? Very confused cos this friend attended orientation with me this week, received student card etc. Even though they hadn't paid the student levy!

Cheers :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Every student has to pay the €72 every year it is not covered by any grant.... your friend will receive a reminder letter if the payment has not been received by the college...... they will withhold exam results and student transcripts if there are any fees including library dues not paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Every student has to pay the €72 every year it is not covered by any grant.... your friend will receive a reminder letter if the payment has not been received by the college...... they will withhold exam results and student transcripts if there are any fees including library dues not paid.

Thanks for that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 LAC

I paid the 72 euros for it and I'm still waiting for the grant letter on it but when I check student records i'm listed as having no modules.Should it be like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Registration start tomorrow, they usually don't appear until the Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 LAC

Cheers much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement