Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to UK

Options
  • 03-09-2011 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I am moving to the UK for college, am still on contract with O2 until next May. It is my understanding that there is nothing I can do to get out of the remainder of my contract. I use my iPhone all the time for calls, texts, emails & internet. My question is, what options do I have when I move? Do I keep my phone number & just buy a new SIM card over there? I know nothing about phones, help! But I really want to keep my iPhone...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

I am moving to the UK for college, am still on contract with O2 until next May. It is my understanding that there is nothing I can do to get out of the remainder of my contract. I use my iPhone all the time for calls, texts, emails & internet. My question is, what options do I have when I move? Do I keep my phone number & just buy a new SIM card over there? I know nothing about phones, help! But I really want to keep my iPhone...

OK dude, best thing to do is get o2 to unlock the iPhone, which they will do, just call customer care and they will get the ball rolling from there. Once the handset is unlocked you can use any SIM in it.

Your number will still be active and you will still need to pay the remainder of the bill, ask if there is a lower tariff you can switch to, to save some money.

Once you get to the UK you can choose any network, until you have a credit history and bank account in the UK you will be limited to PAYG, both 02 and Vodafone have good PAYG tariffs with data and international calling. You will get a new UK number, unfortunately your current number cannot be transferred as the UK mobile numbers are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rooneysdaman

Thanks a lot dude!

Advertisement