Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pryaercovering

Options
  • 03-09-2011 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

1 Corinthians 11

5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved. 6 For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. But if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered.

Any Christian women here wear the prayercovering? Or has it died out completely in Ireland (excluding the Exclusive Brethren women)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Keaton

Some ladies and girls wear mantillas or hats to the Latin Mass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cybercelesta

I've seen one or two ladies wearing the mantilla at a Norvus Ordo Mass! It was lovely to see it, and a great mark of respect - bring it back I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 plainone

In Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cybercelesta

plainone wrote: »
    In Ireland?

Yes, in Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Keaton

I've seen one or two ladies wearing the mantilla at a Norvus Ordo Mass! It was lovely to see it, and a great mark of respect - bring it back I say!

Yeah I did see that once in my home parish. I spoke to her after Mass. She was actually over visiting from America.

• Advertisement
Advertisement