Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on Module type

Options
  • 03-09-2011 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I'm a bit lost by a module type I have never seen. Anyone any idea's on what type it is.

Sorry about the picture taken from my BB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

You are a life saver now I need to find them in Dubai.

roryq wrote: »
    You are a life saver now I need to find them in Dubai.
    Can't help you there I'm afraid :) If it's any help, I seem to remember it was a system originally developed / introduced by AT&T.

Yeah they used them in our building I have never seen them before. I have run out of the spare ones. Tried the company that cabled the place and they told me they don't do them anymore. So I need to find them somewhere else. Are they just punched down in the plug. Or do you need some special tool for terminations.

It's a strange system .. the system was originally designed purely as punch down blocks, i.e you used a standard punch down tool to terminate bare wires onto the blocks. But you can also use the plugs (more convenient esp. if moving connections around) and IIRC you use the same punch down tool to insert the wires from the patch cords into the plugs.

As an absolute last resort, if you can't get hold of the connectors, or patch cables with the connectors already attached, you can just strip back a length of cable and punch down the bare wires straight onto the block using the same tool. The blocks are generally colour coded so you can do it pretty quickly.

• Advertisement

Yeah I might just buy a bag of connectors and terminate them off myself. Had a look at order patch leads made up. But at $15 a cable it is a lot I need about 20 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rugrat69

roryq wrote: »
    I'm a bit lost by a module type I have never seen. Anyone any idea's on what type it is.

Sorry about the picture taken from my BB.

This is a 110 patch cord patch cord if the connector is the same each end it is referred to as 110 to 110 patch cord but it could also have a glass rj45 plug at the other end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

rugrat69 wrote: »
    This is a 110 patch cord patch cord if the connector is the same each end it is referred to as 110 to 110 patch cord but it could also have a glass rj45 plug at the other end.

Advertising is not free on boards, you've mentioned that company in a number of your posts so far. Also did you even read the thread? The OP is in Dubai.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rugrat69

rmacm wrote: »

Advertising is not free on boards, you've mentioned that company in a number of your posts so far. Also did you even read the thread? The OP is in Dubai.

I thought advisory is one of the objectives of boards apologies for trying to assist. I have no affiliation to any particular company just giving my experience from one of my suppliers. I thought exports are soaring for Ireland at the moment !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I thought advisory is one of the objectives of boards apologies for trying to assist. I have no affiliation to any particular company just giving my experience from one of my suppliers. I thought exports are soaring for Ireland at the moment !!

It is one of the objectives, but I'm sure you can see why as a moderator I'd consider it slightly odd that for a lot of your posts in Nets & Comms you've stuck in a link, phone number and name of a person in a particular company.

As for exports soaring...well every little helps I guess :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement