Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your new timetable

Options
  • 03-09-2011 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

So whats your new timetable like whether your 1st/2nd/3rdyear etc?
    mines pretty sweet for first semester 3 day weekend!!:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

2nd year science. I'll let ya know when labs appear on it.

It's about 15 hours now but I think 3 modules have labs. Also in semester 2, my language elective is 17:00 to 19:00 fml. When DO labs show up?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I have 22 hours a week, which isn't bad at all, and even more lucky, only one 9am start (last year I had 4). I finish at 5pm on Fridays though which is annoying as the class beforehand finishes at 1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

1st year nursing. All 9am starts... doomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No 9am starts, win. About 18-20 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

tuesdays and thursdays im appearantly in for only an hour.. from 9 till 10.. so not worth getting an hour and 15minute bus..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bangbang3

^ same except its thursdays and fridays! those lectures better be amazingly worth the journey :p anyone else have really long gaps between lectures?

have you got a silly long bus journey aswell? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bangbang3

yup about an hour n a half :(

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Science so I'm also waiting for labs and tutorials to be revealed.

I currently have about 15 hours of lectures and 5 out of 6 of my modules include labs so I'm expecting a lot of long afternoons!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

I'm first year Science and so far I haven't got anything on Fridays, labs better not mess that up :P

• Advertisement

._. wrote: »
    I'm first year Science and so far I haven't got anything on Fridays, labs better not mess that up :P

I was the same last year. Trust me, they will

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Well, 14 hours for semester one so far with another 10 hours of labs to tack onto it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Pretty handy so far, wednesday's busiest.. will see once electives are sorted where I stand

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Wonderstruck

First year Law and Politics - Wednesday for the 1st semester involves a lovely ten until two tutorial/practical (well, 'pra', I assume what's that's about?) Politics and Law attack. :P Eh, at least it isn't alternating between the two of them!

I would of had Monday's off, but I registered a tad late, so even though there was tutorials on Thursday, I had to have 2 tutorials on Monday... damn you early risers and those who remembered to upload a picture!

Oh, wait...I have a provisional elective that seems to only have one lecture a week... and it has no essays... but, em, it's on a Monday morning (why!) :P JOKE! It sounds fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

Third year pharmacology

About 24 hours a week

30 hours this semester counting all labs and tutorials :eek:

2 9am starts

Could be much worse I guess. I'm taking seven modules this semester...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Emzer92

When do they assign labs/practicals?

I'm going into first year science (BBB) and I've 17 hours a week, so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Emzer92 wrote: »

Can't remember, but if you check your modules under "When is this module offered?" it'll give times for labs, practicals and all that good ****! Very easy to work out a timetable for yourself (I've already done so).

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tupamaros

6.5hrs a week:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

21 Hours of lectures/labs etc. with a final year project on top of that.

4th Year Engineering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

I'm doing first year Science. Haha I have four 9 AM starts before my labs are even down.

B_Fanatic wrote: »
    I'm doing first year Science. Haha I have four 9 AM starts before my labs are even down.

i'm the same :/ fridays my only late day and its a 10am start..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 man mountain

Emzer92 wrote: »

I'm doing this course but every 2nd friday at 9am I have biology practical that is mandatory, have you not?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

Masters of Social Science 6hrs a week. Sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

Im in 2nd year science so at the moment labs and tutorials havnt been put in yet. At the moment I have 1 lecture at 1 pm on mondays wednsdays and fridays. A 5 hour block of lectures from 9am-2pm on tuesdays and a 4 hour block of lectures 9am-1pm on a thursday. 5 of my modules have labs in semester and a few have tutorials, so basically tuesday and thursday im probably going to be in all day with a 1 hour break at most. oh the fun.

kronnn wrote: »
    Im in 2nd year science so at the moment labs and tutorials havnt been put in yet. At the moment I have 1 lecture at 1 pm on mondays wednsdays and fridays. A 5 hour block of lectures from 9am-2pm on tuesdays and a 4 hour block of lectures 9am-1pm on a thursday. 5 of my modules have labs in semester and a few have tutorials, so basically tuesday and thursday im probably going to be in all day with a 1 hour break at most. oh the fun.

I'd way prefer to have blocks rather than 3 lectures with like a 2 hour break in between. That usually makes me just bail and head home instead of sticking around.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I'm the opposite, I prefer lectures spread out with gaps in between - it's handy for getting things done in the library, etc. But I hate having a block of lectures than having to wait a further 3 hours just for the last one!

In semester one last year, due to doing both my electives in one semester, I had a continuous block from 9am-3pm, which was tough going (especially as every lecture alternated between the Arts block and the Science building so I was constantly walking back and forth :o ) - I could have avoided it though by attending a tutorial and a lab on a different day.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

i'm the same :/ fridays my only late day and its a 10am start..

... We could be doing a lot of the same modules?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Eleven or twelve hours a week, bejaesus they're overworking me!

Haha, still managed to get two nine o clock's though!

• Advertisement

B_Fanatic wrote: »
    ... We could be doing a lot of the same modules?

First year Science BBB.. im doing 2 geology modules aswell?

Advertisement