Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Console Ban 3-9-11 (Mod Warning Post #755)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Really?? We're now correcting spelling errors,

Had to be done
    and i am 99.9% sure this is not the case,

So there is a chance, a slim one but a chance nonetheless.
    IPAM wrote: »
    Most people?? Most people who support the OP, including myself, seem to think it was an error on MS side not that they are purposly banning people to gain sales. Mistakes happen, this could be one. For those who say there has never been a successful appeal... There's always a first, this could be MSs first mistake and it could be th first time a ban is overturned... :)

Years from now people will look back and ask "where were you when it happened?" and proudly I will say I was on an internet forum on a Friday night as was the done thing at the time thanks to the recession and family etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 XG4M3M45T3RX

Touche my friend, Touche!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

CramCycle your thats a paddling post made me laugh so much.......
    God I needed that.....
    I was on the side of a football pitch.....
    People must have though I had gone mad.......
    Thanks again

This must close to over taking that other thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mossie

rsed ( as this has never Happened ) Does he deserve a reason, probably not but i am sure if he sends the Moderators an E-Mail they will gladly explain why he has been banned in a general manor.

Of course he deserves to know the reason. Basically he spent €250 or whatever on an xbox and now that xbox is banned from xboxlive. He surely deserves to know why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

This thread has potention to go into the hall of fame if it ends the way i expect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mossie

Really?? Were now correcting spelling errors, this Thread has definatly gone south

Sorry:-( Shouldn't have gone into that. Just had a bad experience with a professional printer "correcting" spellings in 1000 booklets I had printed. Shouldn't be taking it out here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

justryan wrote: »
    It's only a console ban if it says 1/1/9999, OP can you verify if you get that date when you try to connect to Xbox Live you may only need to create another GT.

The console ban message is quite different to the gamertag one:

Console ban (note no date)
    8P4JkM0h_original.jpg

Permanent Gamertag suspension
    9FjV8IXf_original.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I dont know has it been asked or answered on here but...

North did you take off the front of the console and see if the MS sticker is still intact. if not the console has been opened and could have been modded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

pH wrote: »
    The console ban message is quite different to the gamertag one:

Console ban (note no date)
    8P4JkM0h_original.jpg

Permanent Gamertag suspension
    9FjV8IXf_original.jpg

Wonder what would happen in the year 9999 if you couldn't sign in... I smell a law suit in the not too distant future :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

garv123 wrote: »

North did you take off the front of the console and see if the MS sticker is still intact. if not the console has been opened and could have been modded

he has, it hasnt

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »

All checked. I have now just discovered a new problem. As requested I recovered my profile to the second console and all worked fine.

A Guy pmed and asked me to check my last download on my console which was the zombie maps as he has discovered that a ban signal(a security protection signal) was sent with the same map pack to a friend of his console as he downloaded the map pack roughly the same time and his console is now banned too.

My problem is my console must be still communicating to MS live as my profile is now gone from it and wont let me recover it plus it wont let me check its download history!!

and the my history items does not seem to be on my sons console...

It might be a little early yet but I hope the guys that assumed I broke Microsofts Terms and Conditions and claimed I deserved the treatment I have got over the last week, are gearing up to eat humble pie I'm going for my popcorn, beer and my recliner......

http://xboxban.blogspot.com/2011/09/microsoft-xbox-console-bans.html

Would Microsoft admitting they did something wrong be an anti climax?....It doesn't have the same appeal as me giving my son a boot up the hole!!!

And now this...

Does Microsoft make mistakes?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

NORTH1 wrote: »
    Would Microsoft admitting they did something wrong be an anti climax?....It doesn't have the same appeal as me giving my son a boot up the hole!!!

It would not have been as hilarious as this but it would have been a close second third:

tumblr_llex9yKcEp1qgy2tfo1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

It might be a little early yet but I hope the guys that assumed I broke Microsofts Terms and Conditions and claimed I deserved the treatment I have got over the last week, are gearing up to eat humble pie I'm going for my popcorn, beer and my recliner......

Good lad North!
    I'm with ya every step of the way Bud!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I think MS having a software issue and mistakingly issuing a ban, acknowledging their mistake and lifting said ban would be the best outcome that you could get.

Sure it's a complete pain in the ass having to go through the whole ban/worry of the last few days but let's face it, mistakes happen. An automated signal from the console with a corrupted file or poor coding causing an automated ban to combat piracy/hacking/modding which in turn caused all this... it's almost a blameless accident!

No doubt you'll be pissed off. Imagine the nightmare Xbox PET are facing over this too! Bet they aren't happy about it either.

However, my personal opinion... and this is coming from someone who hasn't had any of their consoles banned because I traded in BlOps a long time ago :p... I'm very glad that there's software out their issuing bans to consoles and GT's. I'm paying decent money to MS top provide a safe, secure and fair gaming environment. It's just unfortunate that it looks like North1 might have fallen foul of a glitch in that system.

If it gets rectified and his ban is lifted then all is good again in XBL world... even better if MS threw North1 a month's gold membership free for the inconvenience and trauma caused ;)

I still think you should wallop your son though... he probably deserves it for something else anyway... just to be sure ;):D:D

I think MS having a software issue and mistakingly issuing a ban, acknowledging their mistake and lifting said ban would be the best outcome that you could get.

Sure it's a complete pain in the ass having to go through the whole ban/worry of the last few days but let's face it, mistakes happen. An automated signal from the console with a corrupted file or poor coding causing an automated ban to combat piracy/hacking/modding which in turn caused all this... it's almost a blameless accident!

No doubt you'll be pissed off. Imagine the nightmare Xbox PET are facing over this too! Bet they aren't happy about it either.

However, my personal opinion... and this is coming from someone who hasn't had any of their consoles banned because I traded in BlOps a long time ago :p... I'm very glad that there's software out their issuing bans to consoles and GT's. I'm paying decent money to MS top provide a safe, secure and fair gaming environment. It's just unfortunate that it looks like North1 might have fallen foul of a glitch in that system.

If it gets rectified and his ban is lifted then all is good again in XBL world... even better if MS threw North1 a month's gold membership free for the inconvenience and trauma caused ;)

I still think you should wallop your son though... he probably deserves it for something else anyway... just to be sure ;):D:D

Is this speculation or have you got it on good authority?

You might not believe this but I work for a very big company....as something of a front line on site trouble fixer after we have complete works..and I have seen some nightmares...T have to deal with customers shouting its not good enough a lot of the time..If I treated customers the way I was treated on the phones I would be out of of a job.....But I guess my company respects it customers and treats them with respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Regardless of the outcome, I think beating your son is in order for all of us good folks here!:D

I kid, but I suppose it's a waiting game now...hopefully not too long and the truth comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

+1 for the son, sounds like a right troublemaker, he must be if all these people say he deserves it! :P

Hmm the xbox forums are still telling customers they are not getting unbanned and advising then to go out and buy a new console.....

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/t/79001.aspx

Plus touting the terms and conditions are water tight line too.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/t/78921.aspx

A lot of the replies are going to look pretty silly in hindsight .

You would wonder at what stage enough is enough with Microsoft.

I guess its going to kicking and screaming......

• Advertisement

Just keep your head, don't give in to the baiting,
    here or the external forums, I hoe this works out
    for you but also hope that your son hasn't taken you for a mug!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

One month? Three months bare minimum I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll be interested to see if Major Nelson has a podcast tomorrow night and if this banwave is mentioned...

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Well done NORTH1 keep at them. I sure there will be plenty of humble pie around here to keep you going for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Mr E wrote: »
    I'll be interested to see if Major Nelson has a podcast tomorrow night and if this banwave is mentioned...

He'll probably mention the ban wave or have Steptoe do a segment on it. However, since it's only coming to
    light now that something seems amiss with the Zombie pack for BlOps, it's probably too soon to expect anything official from them yet and may still take a week or two.

If he doesn't do a show or completely ignores the ban wave, then I reckon there's an official media blackout on the situation till they figure out what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

All checked. I have now just discovered a new problem. As requested I recovered my profile to the second console and all worked fine.

A Guy pmed and asked me to check my last download on my console which was the zombie maps as he has discovered that a ban signal(a security protection signal) was sent with the same map pack to a friend of his console as he downloaded the map pack roughly the same time and his console is now banned too.

My problem is my console must be still communicating to MS live as my profile is now gone from it and wont let me recover it plus it wont let me check its download history!!

and the my history items does not seem to be on my sons console...

Wait, so now you're saying you have no control over your account anymore ?
    And was this just a random person messaging you, or someone in the friend list ?

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Wait, so now you're saying you have no control over your account anymore ?
    And was this just a random person messaging you, or someone in the friend list ?

This was a random guy that had a friend that was experiencing the same problems as me.

I can still access my account on the second console but it wont let me access my profile on the banned console now.

Another interesting update on the xbox forum 14 is suspended and there is now a temporary forum 15.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2194/t/79578.aspx

We sincerely apologise to all users who have been seeking information regarding their suspensions. Due to technical issues with the forums beyond our control, we have temporarily relocating the Account Suspension forums to this location.

Note that this is merely a temporary move, intended for use only until the issues we are experiencing have been resolved. This temporary home will be merged back with the original Account Suspension forums and this sticky removed upon the aforementioned resolution. We ask that, in the meantime, users please refrain from posting in this section and instead post their queries in the section linked above.

As a reminder, we are not providing additional details regarding permanent suspensions for Marketplace Theft (as per the sticky post here), nor do we discuss Console Bans (as per this page). Additionally, if your suspension duration is for 24 hours, we are unable to answer questions regarding them. Be aware that posts regarding these suspensions will be deleted without further response. Queries relating to Title Specific Suspensions (Halo credit bans, Call of Duty suspensions, etc.) are beyond our purview, and are addressed in this post.

Again, we apologise for the continued delay in forum response times, and are working diligently to ensure that every question we are able to answer is provided one as soon as possible.

Cheers!]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i thought once you recovered to another console you couldnt access the profile from the original one again if its connected to the net?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

Helix wrote: »
    i thought once you recovered to another console you couldnt access the profile from the original one again if its connected to the net?

Yep that's right. An Xbox profile can only be on one console at any one time.

• Advertisement

Your post seems to have disappeared but the jist of it was you stand by your previous comments, people should stop whining about being banned

again, the mind boggles :confused: if the OP has been banned unfairly should he just suck it up??? I know people do mod/cheat and after being banned moan about it but there are legitimate cases like the OP who have a right to whine and moan...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement