Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Console Ban 3-9-11 (Mod Warning Post #755)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

IPAM wrote: »
    Who is that directed at?

I don't think people want full details on a ban, like I've said before, a simple "Marketplace theft" "online theft" TBH I don't know much about XBL and the reasons for banning or why people can be banned but surely MS can come up with very basic reasons to give that won't give modders/hackers any important details that can be used in future illegal activity
    These recent bans are all for Marketplace theft, I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Who is that directed at?

I don't think people want full details on a ban, like I've said before, a simple "Marketplace theft" "online theft" TBH I don't know much about XBL and the reasons for banning or why people can be banned but surely MS can come up with very basic reasons to give that won't give modders/hackers any important details that can be used in future illegal activity
    Sorry missed the quote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Healium wrote: »
    These recent bans are all for Marketplace theft, I believe

Did you get this from MS? If MS did say the banwave is because of Marketplace theft why not let customers know? As in send an email/message to the banned customer/console stating simply "you have breached T+Cs, marketplace theft, your console is now banned"

If you got this from somewhere else it's irrelevent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

NORTH1 - I only just realised that you also have a duplicate thread ongoing in the Xbox forum. Therefore, I ma moving this thread to that forum, for merging with the other thread. I feel that you will get more targeted advice there.

For future reference, please do not post duplicate threads in multiple forums.

dudara

Did you get this from MS? If MS did say the banwave is because of Marketplace theft why not let customers know? As in send an email/message to the banned customer/console stating simply "you have breached T+Cs, marketplace theft, your console is now banned"

If you got this from somewhere else it's irrelevent
    Most bans have been Gamertag bans, which have all been for Marketplace theft. It'll pop up on your screen. However, there have been some console bans, too. If it was just a console ban and no account was banned, obviously nobody can be contacted. However, I'd imagine that another account got the console banned, and so the WLID associated with that GT would be emailed explaining that it was because of Marketplace theft (as well as it popping up on screen when they sign in)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Healium wrote: »
    Most bans have been Gamertag bans, which have all been for Marketplace theft. It'll pop up on your screen. However, there have been some console bans, too. If it was just a console ban and no account was banned, obviously nobody can be contacted. However, I'd imagine that another account got the console banned, and so the WLID associated with that GT would be emailed explaining that it was because of Marketplace theft (as well as it popping up on screen when they sign in)

But this has not happened in this case. As I have said before all content on both the consoles is fully paid for. So something has gone wrong with their double checks or have they made this a completely automated system?

Microsoft see the profile change from one console to the other and decide there's fraudulent behaviour so issues a ban? This would hardly be effective?

Again we are only assuming as Microsoft are still silent!!

What is this Fail ap25 error does anyone know anything about it?

Thank you Durara put this is a consumer issue and I started this one after I felt it was clear I had been wronged by Microsoft on the xbox thread.

I doubt I would have gotten the good advice on consumer issues in the xbox forum dont you think?

As such I request this be put back in the consumer issues thread.

I take your references on-board.

Regards,

Brian

NORTH1 wrote: »
    Thank you Durara put this is a consumer issue and I started this one after I felt it was clear I had been wronged by Microsoft on the xbox thread.

I doubt I would have gotten the good advice on consumer issues in the xbox forum dont you think?

As such I request this be put back in the consumer issues thread.

I take your references on-board.

Regards,

Brian
    You dont need two threads with the same issue, pick which one you want

But this has not happened in this case. As I have said before all content on both the consoles is fully paid for. So something has gone wrong with their double checks or have they made this a completely automated system?

Microsoft see the profile change from one console to the other and decide there's fraudulent behaviour so issues a ban? This would hardly be effective?

Again we are only assuming as Microsoft are still silent!!

At the end of the day noone has said it definately was marketplace theft you were banned for, its just one of many possibilities

Meesared wrote: »
    You dont need two threads with the same issue, pick which one you want

I have two main issues.

1. what went wrong with my xbox or why was I banned.

2. What are my consumer rights on this issue.

It really is not hard to see that the expertise for one cannot be found in the other.

• Advertisement

It means the disc anti-piracy has failed, so your console probably got flagged for playing copied/pirated games

All the games I have where bought in either Smiths, Game, or Game stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Left Hook

Would you rather hackers & modders running riot (even more than they already do) on Xbox Live?

No i dont notice any of that mainly due to the shock i be in that my xbox is actually working :P

I have two main issues.

1. what went wrong with my xbox or why was I banned.

2. What are my consumer rights on this issue.

It really is not hard to see that the expertise for one cannot be found in the other.
    You are copy pasting messages from one to another :/

I'm bowing out of this thread, I'll leave it at this;

You haven't a snowballs hope in hell.

Glad to see reason so rife today :rolleyes:

Edit: OPs GT: http://http://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/Profile?gamertag=N0rth

Note the "FREE XBOX LIVE" in the motto

And yet your still here!

With the same attitude trying to drag the discussion of topic.

As I have said to you before if you have any useful information or experiences I'm willing to listen to it.

And yet your still here!

With the same attitude trying to drag the discussion of topic.

As I have said to you before if you have any useful information or experiences I'm willing to listen to it.
    That was like a week ago :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

@north1 -

Well I went back to college today, was chatting to one of the lads in college at break and he was telling me he started working in Xbox support, so we were chatting about xbox and I brought up your ban with him, explained about the zombie pack etc, to which he told me that loads of consoles that bought said pack were done wrongly for marketplace theft due to a bug on their end, apparently they aren't allowed to discuss bans with customers and they (MS) are going to sort it, they won't go public with it at the moment as they don't know how many were/are affected by it... And as you can imagine, MS are a bit red faced over it!

Take from that what you will but sounds accurate to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Well that sounds promising! Hopefully it'll be sorted soon OP

"You haven't a snowballs hope in hell" :rolleyes: Good lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i doubt im going to get anywhere with it, but ill get in touch with microsoft and see what i can get out of them for a story

Helix wrote: »
    i doubt im going to get anywhere with it, but ill get in touch with microsoft and see what i can get out of them for a story

Good luck with that Pete, but they are telling the phone reps to deny everything for the time being until they have a fix for it....

It's like Xp service pack 1 all over again... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Fieldog wrote: »
    @north1 -

Well I went back to college today, was chatting to one of the lads in college at break and he was telling me he started working in Xbox support, so we were chatting about xbox and I brought up your ban with him, explained about the zombie pack etc, to which he told me that loads of consoles that bought said pack were done wrongly for marketplace theft due to a bug on their end, apparently they aren't allowed to discuss bans with customers and they (MS) are going to sort it, they won't go public with it at the moment as they don't know how many were/are affected by it... And as you can imagine, MS are a bit red faced over it!

Then he knows more than we do...
    I think he was just guessing tbh.

Good luck with that Pete, but they are telling the phone reps to deny everything for the time being until they have a fix for it....

It's like Xp service pack 1 all over again... :P

email sent to UK and NA PR, citing an off the record confirmation from an unnamed front line support worker that it's a known issue. ive asked for an official line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

@north1 -

I hope that's true for the sake of North. Also I really want to see the reactions of the people that said "Suck it up, you've broken the CoC and have got done for it", and "Microsoft's XBLPET do a great job and don't ever make mistakes" and so on :rolleyes:

Good man, he did say these cases were only tied to this new black ops pack and not everyone who purchased it is affected....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I've merged both threads with regards to North1's console ban.

One thread on this forum is enough to deal with this issue, having a second serves no purpose, dilutes the arguments and makes the forum messy.

This is no reflection on the content, opinions expressed or my own personal views of the topic at hand, I'm doing this purely from a house keeping point of view.

Good man, he did say these cases were only tied to this new black ops pack and not everyone who purchased it is affected....

yup, mentioned that too

im sure ill get the usual "microsoft don't comment on speculation or rumours line" but ill keep chasing it

ill tell them ill run the story regardless

Someone else here was in the thread who works for support, surprised he didn't mention it, but my source said it only really hit them the weekend with all the calls they got, and he was working the weekend, so that makes sense....

Helix wrote: »
    yup, mentioned that too

im sure ill get the usual "microsoft don't comment on speculation or rumours line" but ill keep chasing it

ill tell them ill run the story regardless

Sorry Helix like most that contribute here I have know idea who you are?

How do you Write for?

And I have a lovely image in my head of two young girls aged 9 and 10, trying to contact their uncle in America, that they only see at Christmas once a year if lucky, with the xbox screen stating your banned for violation of terms.

It brings a tear to my eye.......

Helix works for a well known lads/tech/movie mag and the odd article for the herald aswell...

• Advertisement

Helix works for a well known lads/tech/movie mag and the odd article for the herald aswell...

and the star now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement