Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Console Ban 3-9-11 (Mod Warning Post #755)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Meesared wrote: »
    Basically they didnt do anything themselves, the volume of complaints forced MS to look at the bans again

Someone's not telling the truth here? as Stepto claimed there was only a handful of consoles effected! So who's not telling the truth?

Stepto there is only a handful of consoles effected around the world.

Or

Microsoft Support the Volume of complaints forced MS to look at the bans again?

I would tend to believe MS support on this one as Stepto language was very minimalistic in that blog.

It would be interesting if Microsoft came out and told us how many people were effected by this wrongful ban wave? Would that help the hackers?

fjsanchez that lobby was full,,, send me another invite will you! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

What would be the point in them saying how many were affected though?

Basically for this there was a lot more complaints than there would be normally for a console ban wave, from what I can gather.

What would be the point in them saying how many were affected though?

Basically for this there was a lot more complaints than there would be normally for a console ban wave, from what I can gather.

What would be the point? Transparency for one Stepto said there was only a handful on customers effected.

We have Microsoft support on here stating this was not true that the number of complaints above the normal level that they have to deal with raised the issue.

Yet week one week two the defence from the MS supporters was that their was nothing been reported by anyone web sites or media groups so this could not be an error by Microsoft and that ment I was at fault.
    I swear the short term memory around here is something shocking!

Put I suppose I have a snowballs chance in hell of getting the ban overturned.....oh wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Can you add a summary to the first post? or here.... I dont think I can read 50 pages of nonsense just to see what happened...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

neacy69 wrote: »
    Can you add a summary to the first post? or here.... I dont think I can read 50 pages of nonsense just to see what happened...

Microsoft 0 - 1 North1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

neacy69 wrote: »

See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74637028&postcount=751

NORTH1 wrote: »
    What would be the point? Transparency for one Stepto said there was only a handful on customers effected.

We have Microsoft support on here stating this was not true that the number of complaints above the normal level that they have to deal with raised the issue.

Yet week one week two the defence from the MS supporters was that their was nothing been reported by anyone web sites or media groups so this could not be an error by Microsoft and that ment I was at fault.
    I swear the short term memory around here is something shocking!

Put I suppose I have a snowballs chance in hell of getting the ban overturned.....oh wait!
    Ok your seriously beginning to annoy me. I know you were right, and I was happy for you; if you took it graciously, but your aren't. You continue to throw past comments from people back in peoples faces. Its childish and silly.

Customer support don't deal with bans so its not like they would notice an increase.

P.S. Most of your post makes no sense. A few comma's wouldn't go amiss.

Yet your comment above states Microsofts position was influenced by Microsoft support and not mine and angry moms actions. You then follow this up with Microsoft support knew nothing. I'm only trying to point out the inconsistency in your replys and some of the other posters.

You are right, I was right and all the posts you have submitted here not once have you express happiness for the struggle and the outcome. So I have to take the post above as insincere also.

I would suggest to you to go back through your posts in this thread and reflect on them. Then ask yourself do you think I was treated fairly by your comments. Do this honestly and I think you will see your customers in a different light, there not all bad people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Wahh wahh wahhhhh...

Can you stop bickering with eachother now?

Microsoft was wrong, including support whether through ignorance or whatever...

NORTH was right as were lots of other people on the Internet.

It's all sorted now, let's just be friends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Thought this thread was over a long time ago, those who were banned in error were unbanned and compensated get over it ffs.

/thread

• Advertisement

Yet your comment above states Microsofts position was influenced by Microsoft support and not mine and angry moms actions. Yon then follow this up with Microsoft support knew nothing. I'm only trying to point out the inconsistency in your replys and some of the other posters.

Your are right, I was right and all the posts you have submitted here not once have you express happiness for the struggle and the outcome. So I have to take the post above as insincere also.

I would suggest to you to go back through your posts in this thread and reflect on them. Then ask yourself do you think I was treated fairly by your comments. Do this honestly and I think you will see your customers in a different light, there not all bad people.
    Yes you werent treated fairly, but jesus do you have to keep píssing and moaning about it?

I dont think theyre bad people, people like you give them a bad name

justryan wrote: »
    Thought this thread was over a long time ago, those who were banned in error were unbanned and compensated get over it ffs.

/thread

But I was told to get over it when I was banned too!

But I was told to get over it when I was banned too!

It was a great victory for you I admit, little man 1 big business 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

the xbox live ban shambles is gonna be on bbc watchdog in a few mins!!:eek:
    it appears its a lot bigger than they were letting on!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

just to let those of you that said it was only a few know..:pac::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

On watchdog now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

deco nate wrote: »
    the xbox live ban shambles is gonna be on bbc watchdog in a few mins!!:eek:
    it appears its a lot bigger than they were letting on!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

just to let those of you that said it was only a few know..:pac::)

Just coming on to say this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

jhegarty wrote: »
    On watchdog now.
    Beat me too it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

For those who can't be arsed here is a recap firstly for the first 20 pages here:
    Let's try and keep this thread on track though. Let's recap:

1. The OP informed us that his console received a ban, not his gamertag. (I would like this confirmed, again)

2. The OP owns two consoles and shares two XBL full memberships between the consoles, on the same home network.

3. All DLC has been paid for and no illegal downloads took place.

4. His son hasn't been involved in anything that may result in the console getting banned, the jury is out on this one and either his son is a first class liar with brass balls or perfectly innocent. However, without a polygraph or MS's clarification, this can't be proved either way. So let's move on.

5. The OP has repeatedly posted on the Xbox forum as to why he has received a console ban but MS has yet to inform him of the exact reason(s) yet.

6. The recent ban wave for Marketplace Theft only focused on gamertag bans, so this doesn't explain the console ban.

7. It has come to light that the OP had "FREE XBOX LIVE" clearly stated in his gamertag's motto. However, assumptions are being made that this is definitely the reason why the console was banned, which is not true. At the moment, this is the best possible reason proposed from the information we have received.

8. It's become obvious that two distinct sides are emerging, those opposed to MS and those in favour of MS. However, this shouldn't be the case, remember the following:

A. MS are providing an excellent service through XBL and the general consenus is that bans are justified and keep the system fair by removing piracy, modding, cheating and hacking.

B. This seems to be an isolated incident. The OP claims his innocence and his family members innocence, however, MS's Policy Enforcement Team don't issue bans without a documented paper trail.

C. The issue here is not whether MS are good or bad, provide a good service or not, should be free or a paid service, the issue here is whether or not MS will inform the OP of the reason to the console ban. All other issues are purely based on speculation and tarnished with personal opinions.

So, in order to resolve this entire thread, we only need one thing "What has MS found out in order to justify the console ban?" Once we've established that, then we can pursue the notion of whether it's justified or unjustified, a mistake human error or another good decision by the Policy Enforcement Team.

I'm sorry if this post is a little long but I think it's time everyone started focusing on the real question here.

From then on it goes like this:

Huge debates rages bout Irish law, consumer law and if it is acceptable for MS to withhold information regarding ban etc. North 1 very unhappy with MS support/response and considers legal action.

Video emerges from an american gamer whose nephew is banned while playing the zombies expansion map pack. All comments on the video state that others have been banned without knowingly modifying any part of the their consoles

post #488 by Fielddog states that a friend in MS support says there is an issue on MS end about recent bannings. Most people call BS.

post #522 by panevthe3rd links to a site that explains a recent issue with MS software and the new zombie map pack expansion. No confirmation from MS at this point. They still ensure bans are only for definite modding.

post #653 by wush 06 links again to the software issue and that MS have started to reverse the bans.

post #658 ( page 44) oby Mr E has an official statement from Stephen Toulouse of MS acknowledging mistake and the reversal of bans

From then on WALSHY16291 gets bored and doesn't give the good people of boards a recap.:D

so,anyone that did buy a new console after they were banned will be refunded the money as long as they have the recite.free consoles for them:)
    fair fooks! to em

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mod: meesared, if north1 annoys you, then I suggest you stop reading the thread. The OP took some rediculous flak from some people who judged him to be guilty without being given the benefit of the doubt.

Guys, I'm happy enough to lock the thread tonight. We know that Microsoft have admitted an error and affected personnel are being compensated. Certainly, with all the petty bickering going on, I'd be right to lock it up.

However, I still feel that this thread can be useful providing it stays on topic.

• Advertisement

The Watchdog program this evening was very good. The fact that they are refunding people who bought an xbox because they were told there was no recourse is probably annoying for the likes of North1 who rightly stood up for themselves and didn't replace the console!

Link to Watch Dogs site on the BBC.....I knew nothing about this! They claim the reversal and statement was within 3 hours of them contacting Microsoft as watch dog.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2011/09/xbox_console.html

My long conversation with Mike Priest of Microsoft on Monday seems a little underwhelming now!!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Mod: meesared, if north1 annoys you, then I suggest you stop reading the thread. The OP took some rediculous flak from some people who judged him to be guilty without being given the benefit of the doubt.

Guys, I'm happy enough to lock the thread tonight. We know that Microsoft have admitted an error and affected personnel are being compensated. Certainly, with all the petty bickering going on, I'd be right to lock it up.

However, I still feel that this thread can be useful providing it stays on topic.
    You cant deny the OP is being a bit childish with the "i told you so" behaviour.

Personally I'm surprised he's being allowed to carry on like that.

imo,i think the op has every right.why?
    cos from the get go,some were saying he/or his kids did
    something illegal...and has been put thru pillar an post by
    some on here.
    and it has been proven that himself,and mom/and said kids
    did notthin,NOTTHIN wrong,whhat so ever!

know i have read thru all the posts on here.
    and,i know a lot were said in jest.
    but their are a few,just a few,mind.

that just wont man/woman up an say,fair play to
    you all.you were right.i/we were wrong.
    and give north his due!

yet keep moanin on about how he is goin back thru the thread
    and callin them on it?
    really?
    thats all i have to say on it.

oh,just one last thing...
    fair play,north/mom
    glad to see ye both got back online.

ps mom?which one were you on watchdog...:p:D:D:D:D

deco nate wrote: »
    imo,i think the op has every right.why?
    cos from the get go,some were saying he/or his kids did
    something illegal...and has been put thru pillar an post by
    some on here.
    and it has been proven that himself,and mom/and said kids
    did notthin,NOTTHIN wrong,whhat so ever!

know i have read thru all the posts on here.
    and,i know a lot were said in jest.
    but their are a few,just a few,mind.

that just wont man/woman up an say,fair play to
    you all.you were right.i/we were wrong.
    and give north his due!

yet keep moanin on about how he is goin back thru the thread
    and callin them on it?
    really?
    thats all i have to say on it.

oh,just one last thing...
    fair play,north/mom
    glad to see ye both got back online.

ps mom?which one were you on watchdog...:p:D:D:D:D

Your post reads like a poem, go easy on the Enter key ;)

nam grammer dazis,

your damed if you do,
    dammed if you dont:D

(see wot i did their:))

You cant deny the OP is being a bit childish with the "i told you so" behaviour.

Personally I'm surprised he's being allowed to carry on like that.

Op came here to discuss a probelm. He was hounded by many people telling him he must have done something illegal. If they are entitled to say that, it's only fair for him to be able to respond to their accusations now that the facts have been laid bare.

OP was right, Microsoft made a mistake. OP did nothing wrong whatsoever.

Questioning the decisions of a moderator is a bannable offense. I strongly advise caution. I suggest you either stick to the topic of refrain from posting. I'm not warning you again.

North1 and meesared, please keep it civil.

It is childish and possibly flame baiting and ill leave it at that whether you agree or not

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Link to Watch Dogs site on the BBC.....I knew nothing about this! They claim the reversal and statement was within 3 hours of them contacting Microsoft as watch dog.......

That's pure conincidence if all the MS blogd have any merit. Watchdog taking credit when they don't deserve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Keith186

Ha ha I read most of this at the start but couldn't keep up with it after tens of pages, didn't have the time.

Looks like there are some sore losers though! Did North1 get 1600 MS credits and 3 months as compensation?

The one thing better than justice being served is an unjustice being reversed :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement