Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV License?

Options
  • 03-09-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

Using a tv as my pc monitor, do they ever come around and check?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

there was a really big thread in afterhours a few days ago.
    have you channels in the house?
    you dont need a tv licence if you are using the teli for xbox and stuff like that.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056376820
    theres a link to it

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

garv123 wrote: »
    there was a really big thread in afterhours a few days ago.
    have you channels in the house?
    you dont need a tv licence if you are using the teli for xbox and stuff like that.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056376820
    theres a link to it

Yes you do. You need a tv licence if you own any equipment which is capable of receiving a tv licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

pajunior wrote: »
    Yes you do. You need a tv licence if you own any equipment which is capable of receiving a tv licence.

I believe they brought in computer monitors and anything that can get the internet must pay the tv licence as you can stream content from the rte player.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

reunion wrote: »
    I believe they brought in computer monitors and anything that can get the internet must pay the tv licence as you can stream content from the rte player.

No they haven't. The rule is still only something that can receive a tv signal.

Because of the rise of internet tv (rte player etc), they are going to stop the tv licence and bring in a universal licence which every household will pay regardless of what equipment they own, but until then monitors and the like are ok.

Advertisement