Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is exactly is orienation week?

Options
  • 03-09-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

What happens exactly any events worth heading to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Jimmy Magee

Is there a wrestling society where we can like get to grips with one another?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Smeefa

From what i remember, you get given free muffins from AIB, meet people in your course, meet your course co-ordinator or head of faculty or whatever, get a tour of ucd, get your student card(?) etc... Cant really remember tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

There's a big Freshers tent set up where all the clubs and societies have stands where you can join up and ask questions etc. It was held in the car park behind the student centre before, but with all the building work I'm not sue where its is being held, maybe someone here knows... either way you'll find it! Its usually €2 join a society and €10 for a sports club. And yes, there's a wresting club :)

There are also organised nights on every night which will be well advertised around college. There is also a bit of a carnival atmosphere around the campus for the week. Then there are also talk and tours of the campus, and the general way UCD works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Jimmy Magee

Is their mixed wrestling?

Is it monitored by staff?

:pac:

Is their mixed wrestling?

Is it monitored by staff?

:pac:

I'm not sure... you'd have to check with them what variations they do.

All clubs have coaches for the teams (be it senior members or actual coaches).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Talk in O'Reilly that you have to endure but you get a UCD scarf :)

Just have a look around with your peer mentoring group and get to know them. It's handy to know a few people when lectures begin the following week as you can look out for each other coming into lectures and sit with them.

Think about what societies/sports you want to join

Lots and lots of free stuff too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

WeeBushy wrote: »
    There's a big Freshers tent set up where all the clubs and societies have stands where you can join up and ask questions etc. It was held in the car park behind the student centre before, but with all the building work I'm not sue where its is being held, maybe someone here knows... either way you'll find it! Its usually €2 join a society and €10 for a sports club. And yes, there's a wresting club :)

There are also organised nights on every night which will be well advertised around college. There is also a bit of a carnival atmosphere around the campus for the week. Then there are also talk and tours of the campus, and the general way UCD works

That's Freshers' week, not orientation week. Orientation week is where you meet your peer mentors and other people on your course, get an academic advisory talk, collect student card, get a talk from the UCD President (plus free scarves), IT Induction (free memory key), campus tour, Orientation BBQ, etc.. Orientation week is next week I think.

Freshers' week is the second week of lectures. That's week when the Freshers' tent is set up where you can join societies. You can join sports clubs in the sports hall.

Ah, I got all confused between the weeks in my old age :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Ah, I got all confused between the weeks in my old age :o

They didn't have an Orientation week in my day :pac:

My day wasn't that long ago btw

Advertisement