Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed

Options
  • 03-09-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

I am a true skeptic as is my husband. But last night early this morning we have discovered since speaking together about what we saw... about 5.30-6.00 am there was this very glow flashing on one of our wardrobe doors about 4 inches off the ground... there was a chink of light coming from the curtains but we both cannot understand where this flashing glow came from... doors are timber and nothing to reflect any light through the curtains. Can someone give us some advice on what this may be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

best bet it just to keep a diary over the next few weeks, and if anything like that happens again, write down a description, date, time and the environment of the room - light sources, how dark/light it was etc.

If it never happens again, then theres no point worrying about it, but if it does then the diary notes will probably help in trying to figure out what it may be. Light can travel and reflect so unless you have confidence that it couldnt be getting in from somewhere, you cant rule out it being perfectly natural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Had an experience like this years ago in my grandmothers house. A yellow glowing ballot light appeared on the wardrobe door and stayed there for about 15 minutes, pulsating and shrinking and expanding. There was no light source that would've caused it and I wasn't the only one to have experienced it in that house. Never found out what it meant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

My instinct would be that it was th light from a car's indicator coming through the window and reflecting off of the door. Of course it's impossible to be sure of anything without being there. If it happens again have a good look round for anything blinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

you'd be amazed how light can reflect off things like smartphone screens and cause strange reflections

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Grab a disposable camera, the old film types, one that is ready to shoot as soon as you pick it up.
    Keep it beside your bed in case of a re-occurrence.
    Pictures are worth a lot more than groggy recollections (No offense).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Musicman2006

Cars Light outside, barely getting through a gap in the curtain reflecting off jewelry, shiny doorknob, phone screen etc? There's mostly a logical explanation..mostly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

I agree it is truly amazing how light can travel and be reflected or refracted into different coulours shapes and so on. I think it is very sound advice to keep a small note pad on the bedside locker and keep a record of anything which happens. If this is the only occurence then it would most likley be from a light source.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

My gut feeling is that it probably is some sort of refracted light off of an appliance, something outside, even a dog or biker's reflective collar.

That said, I think maccord's suggestion of keeping a diary is a great idea as the idea of keeping a camera by the bed, just in case it comes back. That sort of documentation is both useful for keeping your sanity and can make it easier to identify, especially if it is something obvious. Of course, if it isn't something obvious, you have a recording for later that others can look at.

Finally, if it were me, I'd check my bedroom drapes and make sure they were totally closed (maybe even get a black out shade from Ikea) and also make very sure where other sources of light in the room might be. These days it is simply amazing how many gadgets have things that can decide to suddenly turn themselves on.

Which doesn't mean what you saw wasn't super-natural, but it is best to rule out all obvious causes first.

Advertisement