Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pheonix sports club open day

Options
  • 03-09-2011 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

hi all. im heading out to "pheonix sports club" open day tomorrow, i met the lads
    at the birr game fair and signed up. gonna check out the grounds and shoot some pistols:D. any one else from here going to this tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Wont be there but the lads in Phoenix/Harbour House are a sound bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

is there another open-day coming up again soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jay.b

well lads i had a great day in pheonix sports club. great bunch of lads. i got to shoot 8 different handguns at 25yard targets, great fun! and had a shot of a ruger 10/22 semi it was the quickest 15 rounds i've ever fired ha ha! great! i didnt get to see the clay shooting area though, the club its self has a lot to offer and being non profit,gives ya great value on clays and ammo and the like. they're putting in a 100 yard rifle range the one there now is 50, and caters for centre fire rifles. i'll stop now cause this is sounding like an add! all in all, the open day was great craic and well worth a visit. im strongly thinking of joining:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

hope to hell they give ya a discount on yer fees after that raving review :D

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jay.b

id just like to clarify that the pistols in use are non restricted firearms and are .22 caliber. fired at 15 mtr targets,( the rifles are on the 50 range) there is a full safety induction given at the start and at all times your under the supervision of one of the range officers on a one to one basis. safety is paramount with the club and you will have a great time. i was invited to the open day as part of their recruitment policy, so you cant just turn up and expect to do some shooting. i think my last post could give the wrong impression. the club run a very tight ship and id just like to say thanks again for a great day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

glad you enjoyed it,hope to see you back again!

Advertisement