Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merchant banking job interview

Options
  • 03-09-2011 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, can I ask a favour please?

I have an interview for a sales position with an Irish merchant bank next week and I am doing my research for it.. Can I ask a few questions of you in regards to the products and services that this bank offers, afterall if I want to do well in this position knowing what its customers expect from the service would be key.

1 - Obviously price is key, what would you normally expect to pay for these services? Would you value a higher price for a better level of service?

2 - In relation to processing time for card transactions, what is a reasonable time to expect the funds to transfer from a customer's card into your own business account.

3- What product is the most popular within your industry, i.e. which is the market leading payment terminal, which product suits your own operation etc.

Basically what I am asking is what would you, the user of these facilities, expect from the provider and what would help to convince you to open a merchant account and to keep said merchant account with them?

Mods apologies if this thread does not suit this forum, I have read the charter and there doesn't seem to be anything in it that would come against this kind of a thread. Afterall, most people posting here would have some kind of need for merchant banking and it makes sense to ask them what they would be looking for.

Thanks.

Advertisement