Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JTAG 360 Kinect Issue

• 03-09-2011 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭

As requested I've started a new thread on this one

Right, my Xenon Jtag is on Dash 2.0.13146.0 and I'm trying to get Kinect working on it. Here is exactly what happens when I try, and what I've attempted so far. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be very appreciative...

1) Xbox powered off
    2) Connect Kinect and power on Xbox
    3) Xbox dialogue "A system update is required to use Kinect. To get the update, sign into Xbox Live. For more info, visit www.xbox.com/update"

From what I have found out so far, this is the basic software that Kinect needs to actually run. My dash is as mentioned, but it's without the Kinect part of the software apparently. So the things I have tried to get it working are:

1) Downloaded 2.0.13146.0 Avatar/Kinect update online, put on USB stick, rebooted. Result: E71 Error

2) Put 2.0.13146.0 update on DVD. Xbox dialogue "Your system is up to date"

3) Inserted Kinect Adventures, retail copy, hoping to force update. Xbox dialogue "A system update is required to use Kinect. To get the update, sign into Xbox Live. For more info, visit www.xbox.com/update". No update forced, nothing installed.

4) Put $systemupdate folder onto HDD, run default.xex from FSD, result: returns to dash, no update.

5) Try to run default.xex in update folder from fsd or xexloader, dialogue "Game Error. The game couldnt start try downloading the game again"

I'm at my wits end here and I have no idea what else to try. Surely someone else has had a similar issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

"Surely someone else has had a similar issue"

Ya i did but just used an other xbox to get around it so sorry i cant help but want to see what people have to say as it would be handy to know what i should do to get it working on my jtag xbox's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

currently updating to dash 13599, will report back if that does the trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ok fixed it

go here and follow the instructions: http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58111

what i did was tell it NOT to reject updates in the flashing process

then i added the system update downloaded with coolshrimps tool to the root of a usb drive and renamed the $systemupdate folder to $$systemupdate

if you've got your launch.ini pointing to fsd, remove the default line so it boots to nxe, then restart. itll pick up the updates for you and install

Advertisement