Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch in Waterford

• 03-09-2011 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

I spend most weekends in Waterford and stay with friends. We very rarely go out for dinner but I was just wondering if there is anywhere in the Waterford city/ Tramore area that does a nice carvery dinner on a Sunday. We were in the city today and couldn't seem to find anywhere that does.

Any sugestions? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

The Showboat in the Glen, cheap and good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Donnacha's in Kilmeaden, hope the spelling is correct.

Grandville in the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Uluru on the dunmore road does a decent carvery :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Granville carvery is class

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

showboat does a good carvery

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Bluezar wrote: »
    Granville carvery is class

best in the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

Thanks everyone. Will hopefully try them out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Waterford laddy

Showboat for good Beef lunch
    The Holy Cross, best Loin of Pork , Apple Sauce
    Revolution, Best Breast of Chicken Pepper Sauce 7 Veggies
    Bodega, best sit down lunch
    and of course
    Sabai, best Thai Chinese food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fish hook

I spend most weekends in Waterford and stay with friends. We very rarely go out for dinner but I was just wondering if there is anywhere in the Waterford city/ Tramore area that does a nice carvery dinner on a Sunday. We were in the city today and couldn't seem to find anywhere that does.

Any sugestions? Thanks in advance.

herd good reports about the toddle on the lower yellow road though i have never tried it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Can't go wrong with the Granville Hotel, has been the best carvery in town for a number of years imo. They also do a lovely Bacon & Cabbage in the bar aswell.

• Advertisement

Well dont come to my gaff for a carvery whatever you do!! i cooked a roast beef dinner on Saturday, roast and mashed spuds/puds the lot!! smelt deadly and all.. was getting the gravy ready and all... this was gonna be the best dinner ever!!...

... then i copped that the closest thing i had to a carving knife was a blunt bread knife!! :-( disaster!! Each slice was a like 10oz steak they were that thick haha

Opps.. well at least i know next time.. it did taste lovely though :-)

I give myself a 10 outta 10 for effort (Mainly because my hands were killing me trying to cut it)

H

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Good god! What happened the days when you could ask a neighbour for a lend of something like a knife to cut the Roast Bafe!! T'wud probably be called knife crime nowadays.

Good god! What happened the days when you could ask a neighbour for a lend of something like a knife to cut the Roast Bafe!! T'wud probably be called knife crime nowadays.

Gone me the days huh? Its all paranoia these days haha

Its all rented accommodation up my way, youd be lucky to find someone with a butter knife, never mind a carving knife ;)

H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

What's do people go to carvery. Unless you hit every thing spot on timing wise your eating food thats sat under heat lamps for anything up to an hour

thomasm wrote: »
    What's do people go to carvery. Unless you hit every thing spot on timing wise your eating food thats sat under heat lamps for anything up to an hour

could say the same for any garage at lunchtime that has a deli counter... or any factory or business that have a hot canteen.. every factory or business i have worked in is like that..

H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

True Most garages are the same, hot chicken that's sat for too long or sausages begging to be thrown out they are so shrivelled. personally would only buy a cold meat sandwich/roll if in there.

Never worked anyplace with canteen so cant comment on that

My point is if your heading to town as OP enquired why go some place where you have a good chance of eating dried out food that sat under a heat lamp, when for same price you could have something freshly cooked that's gotta taste much nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Halfway House on Tramore Road is good, nice generous servings. Parents say Showboat is nice too!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Apparently the Majestic in Tramore does a Sunday carvery for a tenner, its ment to be nice

thomasm wrote: »
    True Most garages are the same, hot chicken that's sat for too long or sausages begging to be thrown out they are so shrivelled. personally would only buy a cold meat sandwich/roll if in there.

Never worked anyplace with canteen so cant comment on that

My point is if your heading to town as OP enquired why go some place where you have a good chance of eating dried out food that sat under a heat lamp, when for same price you could have something freshly cooked that's gotta taste much nicer

good point!! there are some great spots in town for freshly cooked grub!! Revolution do a nice bit of quick but nice food, as does the Brasserie :)

H

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Went to Espresso for lunch last week, 10er for pasta/pizza, ice cream and tea/coffee. will defo be back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Kina

Definitely try The Seahorse Tavern in Tramore. They do a roast dinner special for ten euro. Rest of the menu is lovely too.

http://www.seahorsetavern.ie/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Revolution has the best chicken in the town, carvery every day too

Advertisement