Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious accident on Outter Ring Road

• 04-09-2011 12:27am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Good few Garda cars and an ambulance where somebody appears to be being given CPR on the side of the Outter Ring Road, just beyond the ballinamona roundabout there. Road closed and diversions in place. Also entrance to a field there on the opposite side has the garda tape blocking it along with a guard on site.

Hope the person is okay and pulls through. Said a prayer, hope the persons friends and family are okay. Hard time. :/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Damn.. hopefully the casualty(s) pulls through, i did hear sirens lashing past the house here out that direction :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Sully wrote: »
    Good few Garda cars and an ambulance where somebody appears to be being given CPR on the side of the Outter Ring Road, just beyond the ballinamona roundabout there. Road closed and diversions in place. Also entrance to a field there on the opposite side has the garda tape blocking it along with a guard on site.

Hope the person is okay and pulls through. Said a prayer, hope the persons friends and family are okay. Hard time. :/

I was driving back from Dunmore on the ring road around 11.45, one unmarked car and a plains clothes garda giving a woman cpr, did not look good, my daughter said there was a pool of blood around her, about a minute later I think the same DS passed me out heading for the cork road, and a second one followed. Not sure of it was a hit and run or an assault as for a hit and run it was strange where she ended up. a little later there must have been the whole of the barracks out there and the woman was gone, taken to hospital I expect, which means she must have been still alive Thank God, said a prayer for her myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Someone shot in greenfields.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Someone shot in greenfields.

Source?

Garda

• Advertisement

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Source?

What I saw out on the ring road did not look like a hit and run and with the amount of garda around afterwards it looked more like an assault of some kind. only surmising though, but it was pretty nasty whatever happened

anything on the radio about it at this hour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

Garda
    you sourcing for the guards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

Taxi driver told me about 12.30 that there was a murder in the Kilcohan area. He claimed there was a "wedding" in town today. Tried to get home about 20 mins ago and the outer ring road is closed.

Jaysus. Pretty serious stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

I wouldn't trust everything a taxi driver tells me, but it certainly seems to be a very serious incident. We'll have to wait until the morning to find out what has happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I was just dropping the missus to work 15 mins ago and the road is still closed from John's park roundabout all the way down to tramore roundabout.. Serious so...

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

35 year old woman dead.29 year old man arrested and being held at Waterford Garda station.She was found in a serious condition at the Couse roundabout and later died in hospital.

Source - RTE

There was a wedding in town, in Masons, I think someone linked this earlier in the threads as it was a "particular" type of wedding, well known for trouble. But if it is a shooting whats that about?
    About six garda had stopped someone by Ballinaneesagh last night afterwards, but they let him go, he looked like a foriegn national, so that may rule out the wedding having anything to do with it.
    Either way, any death is sad, but a traumatic death like this must be devastating to any family. Our thoughts are with this womans family.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭High-Tower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

WLR:
    Waterford Gardai are investigating a ssupicious death in the city last night.
    The area between the Ballindud and Couse bridge roundabouts on the Outer Ring Road have been cordoned off for technical examination.Gardai arrived at the scene just after midnight last night and found a woman badly injured.She was taken to Waterford Regional Hospital but was pronounced dead in the hospital shortly afterwards.She's thought to have been 35 years old and a 31 year man was later arrested under section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act.
    Gardai are looking for witnesses who may have been in area of the Couse Bridge roundabout around 11.30 last night.Waterford gardai can be contacted on 051 305300.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Just passed area, still closed off. How didn't I hear the sirens I'll never know. So was it a hit and run? Seems to be no 100% confirmed info. Poor person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Doylers wrote: »
    Just passed area, still closed off. How didn't I hear the sirens I'll never know. So was it a hit and run? Seems to be no 100% confirmed info. Poor person

Can't believe I didn't hear the sirens too, i went to bed about that time. I heard she was pushed out of a moving car, a polish girl. I was given a name but won't post it here :(

Still closed off, they are stopping people walking that way too.

So was there any truth in the rumour of a shooting in Greenfields.

I saw that woman last night just after the first unmarked car got there, it was a strange place in the sense that is was on the path on the corner of the roundabout, thats why to me it never looked like a hit and run, but its strange that the field on the opposite (waterford) side of the roundabout was closed. The woman had obviously suffered serious trauma, my daughter said there was a pool of blood under her, she though it was under her body, I thought at a glance it was her head. Either way, no one deserves to go that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Absolutely shocking. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

michellie wrote: »
    Can't believe I didn't hear the sirens too, i went to bed about that time. I heard she was pushed out of a moving car, a polish girl. I was given a name but won't post it here :(

Still closed off, they are stopping people walking that way too.

Poor woman. That's horrific. :(

So was there any truth in the rumour of a shooting in Greenfields.

Id say that was just a rumour. I live in greenfields and I'm sure if there was a shooting the guards would be around here doing door to door and that ?

It's all just a rumour at the moment. Especially the being thrown from a moving car part of it.

It's all just a rumour at the moment. Especially the being thrown from a moving car part of it.

I hope that's not true. How horrific :(

I wonder is it traveller related. If it is...they were busy bees last night. Killed someone in Dublin too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I wonder is it traveller related. If it is...they were busy bees last night. Killed someone in Dublin too.

I heard the girl was a foreign national. So doubtful. We'll see I guess..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I suggest anybody who was in the area or town who saw something suspicious, they do report it to the guards. No matter how small, it might be a very useful piece of information.

Sad to hear she didn't make it. May she Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Just got a call from my brother, he said that he heard she was bet to death with a hammer. I don't think it was a hit a run, she was definitely attacked imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Right so we have
    • shot
    • thrown out of a car
    • beaten to death with a hammer
    • hit and run
    Getting a bit too much on the "I heard xxx from yyy".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Beat saying she's a non national, and had head injuries. So we know that much

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement