Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious accident on Outter Ring Road

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheHumanOnion

Is it just me or is this forum like a giant game of Cluedo at times?

"I think x did it, with y, in z"

In all seriousness though, it's terrible to hear about something like this happening, and it's proof of how messed up this town has gone over the past few years. Really hope they get to the bottom of it and whoever is responsible gets the book thrown at them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Probably not linked - but esso was robbed by 2 foreign nationals with a gun last night. Friend told me her son was present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

dlofnep wrote: »
    Probably not linked - but esso was robbed by 2 foreign nationals with a gun last night. Friend told me her son was present.

where is Esso these days?

south wrote: »
    where is Esso these days?

Swaybees garage by Ashley court. I assume that's the one she was referring to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭skinnyboy

Yea that's the garage was robbed between 9 and quarter past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Does anyone know if the road is back open again?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

sarah88 wrote: »

Was still closed at 12:15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

It wasn't about 20 mins ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

200motels wrote: »
    It wasn't about 20 mins ago.

Still closed, there combing the fields across from kill stlaurence

I have to head to the Kingfisher, Will I be able to access it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Still closed now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Still closed now!!
    Lots of cops combing threw ditches when I passed, very sad Rte are at barracks now doing their piece for 6 news I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tiny-tyno

This is so sad that a woman so young has passed away in such tragic circumstances, just goes to show no where is safe these days, I live in Greenfields and I can see that road from my back window of the house you could see the squad lights down there lst night , i'd say the road will be closed off for some time until all the evidence they need is collected.

R.I.P to the woman and condolences to her family ,friends in this time

tiny-tyno wrote: »
    This is so sad that a woman so young has passed away in such tragic circumstances, just goes to show no where is safe these days, I live in Greenfields and I can see that road from my back window of the house you could see the squad lights down there lst night , i'd say the road will be closed off for some time until all the evidence they need is collected.

R.I.P to the woman and condolences to her family ,friends in this time

True its very sad, I'm sure 6 o clock news will have more details but if its non nationals and a robbery by non nationals questions need to be asked .

jo06555 wrote: »
    True its very sad, I'm sure 6 o clock news will have more details but if its non nationals and a robbery by non nationals questions need to be asked .
    What questions would they be?

200motels wrote: »
    What questions would they be?

First of all are they connected plus are these people being checked before leaving their country's to come here god knows what crimes have being commited by some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Christ here we go...

First of all are they connected plus are these people being checked before leaving their country's to come here god knows what crimes have being commited by some.

Yes I agree with you, some of them have criminal records so I don't know how they got into this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Not a bad question tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Not a bad question tbh.

2 words for ye lads, European Union. We can all export our scumbags... Like larry murphy to Spain.

• Advertisement

Not a bad question tbh.

2 words for ye lads, European Union. We can all export our scumbags... Like larry murphy to Spain.

And that's not right either but Larry Murphy has had enough media coverage here though for any country to get information about where as we don't know anything about people entering this country ,

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Right, enough with all this speculation, I'm locking this thread now as more than likely there will be some sort of proceedings taking place in the future.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Worth noting that Gardai are looking for witnesses who may have been in area of the Couse Bridge roundabout/Outter Ring Road area/Greensfield area between 11pm - 12pm last night and saw anything suspicious, a woman and a man together or a car following a woman slowly.

Waterford gardai can be contacted on 051 305300 or call into the station at Ballybricken. Alternatively, call 1 800 666 111.

Nobody has been charged yet and this hasn't been confirmed as a murder investigation but is being treated as suspicious and every bit of information can help piece together the case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement