Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an American/Irish Golf Society to come play in Ireland

Options
  • 04-09-2011 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

I am a member of the Wilton Bar Golf Society and we are currently looking for a society from the USA or else Ireland to come play in Ireland (Cork). and then we would go and play in the states at a later date or vice versa. We would like to create a Ryder Cup like tournament between two socities.

Anyone interested?

or know of any societies that may be interested in such an event?

Any ideas about how I could get details about societies in other countries etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

one problem you'll have is the hcp difference,i've played a few times in the states and the guys around my hcp (5) were more like a 10-12 over here,it's a totally different system they use

if i had the cash for that i would be into it alright but i don't so................

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭boz13

Hi,

I am a member of the Wilton Bar Golf Society and we are currently looking for a society from the USA or else Ireland to come play in Ireland (Cork). and then we would go and play in the states at a later date or vice versa. We would like to create a Ryder Cup like tournament between two socities.

Anyone interested?

or know of any societies that may be interested in such an event?

Any ideas about how I could get details about societies in other countries etc?

sounds like a great idea, are ye looking for new members in yere society?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 WiltonBarGolf

The society is always open too new members, but it only has two outings left

a trip to kerry

and the christmass outing!

I think it could be a great success

would be looking towards doing it next year

It would be great to even get an Irish society

so any takers or interest?

we would be willing to travel for the 1st tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mr.mickels

try asking on golfwrx.com forums, would likely get a response there or some direction of where best to look stateside, or considering you are an Irish pub society, try contacting some of the irish bars in Boston, new York etc, will find many online, likely to find some enthusiasm somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Great idea! Golfwrx deffo the forum to jump on

Cheers will try that site just waiting for approval of membership

Advertisement